brian390

1st and 2nd season turkey hunters

Congratulations to your lady for taking that beautifully colored Gobbler...Very nice tail fan...what guage and loads did she use? I wouldn't mind hearing the back story on her bird if you wouldn't mind telling it?

I didn't go out Friday evening because of the wind. The next time that I got out was Saturday evening and roosted a bird. My brother didn't happen to get sleep so we didn't go in the morning, which makes for likely a lucky bird. This evening I didn't hear any gobbles. How is everyone else doing on their hunts?

I haven't seen or heard a bird, but I only hunted Friday, but I had an issue with my truck that prevented me from getting at them over the weekend.

The weather should be better this week.

Same here got sick (bad col :( ) but did went out on Saturday, but did not had any luck ....hunter camps near the spots that we scouted

felt like crap yesterday ...lol

I went out this morning and the weather was good. I had one gobbling from about 5am to 5:30am and then it shut up. I just don't think that they're that hot right now or they could have hens, but who knows.

In the unit I'm hunting I think that the birds went silent. Thursday I heard a bird, but yesterday I didn't hear a gobble all day. I have a friend that is hunting another unit and he said that they're gobbling good but won't commit. Is anyone else having a hard time this year?

Too many get boogered on the unlimited JR. hunts.........BOB!

• Like 1

I was in 27 and it was hot, only got to hunt Friday and Saturday. I was on a Tom both mornings but he was on private property and wouldn't come in.

He was silent on the roost but gobbling from about sunrise to 6:30 or so. I the past years when I have hunted this are the Toms would gobble on and off from when they were on the roost then again for a few hours but that was always the early hunt. I left at noon on Saturday when the storm came in as I didn't know what to expect. Like a dummy I didn't catch the weather report before heading out on Thursday morning and the area is fairly remote with zero cell service or radio signal.

It was nice and cool yesterday morning and I was kicking myself for not staying thinking maybe the drop in temperature would have got them talking again. I might look at my maps and see if I can find another area in the unit that looks promising. It sure was very dry where I was and this is the only part of the unit I am familiar with having hunted it on and off since about 2012.

• Like 1

I was out in 4A friday am and found 4 gobblers but as I was working them some yahoo saw my truck and joined in trying to steal them away. Naturally they would have none of that and left. How bad do you need to get a turkey that you would try to steal one away from someone else. Poor hunter? What would you do if you got one? Go home and brag about what a great hunter you are. :wacko:

Not talking anymore.... in fact warm today.....and not too many signs in 23

Any other observations for 23???

I had a decent size bird coming in on a string, yesterday, then all of sudden a herd of elk appears a few yards to might right and he changes his mind and goes the other way.

post-4480-0-77246700-1494818494_thumb.jpg

post-4480-0-01922300-1494818545_thumb.jpg

• Like 3