Sign in to follow this  
core2

sad find while shed hunting

Came across this guy yesterday while out shed hunting. Looks like he was trying to jump this fence to get to a waterhole and back leg didn't make it. Horrible way to go.

post-13422-0-09100400-1493560079_thumb.jpg

post-13422-0-99966800-1493560236_thumb.jpg

Bummer! Looks very recent (couple days the most) even the yotes havent got to it yet

Watched a calf get hung up in 27 a few yrs ago. Really freaked out and thrashing around. My buddy and I were figuring out how to help it get loose when it got free on its own. Definitely looked like a bad way to go.

I found most of the skeleton of a bull hung up on a fence that went across the side of a slope years ago. Rodents had eaten much of one antler, so I left it as I found it. This was way back when we could hunt the White Mountain Apache Reservation for just $25 above the cost of the regular tag.

In my book, "60 Years A Hunter," I told of finding two deer hung up in fences and still alive. The Texas whitetail buck died (from stress, we assumed) after a friend and I worked a half hour and freed it. Coyotes had chewed on the rump and pulled out some intestines on the mule deer doe we found on the Kaibab.

Bill Quimby

So sad. "Fences are and abomination unto the Lord." Book of Jimmer, Chapter 12, Verse 13

That made me laugh out loud- and no one was around!!

• Like 1

Years back a friend and I watches a buck get tangled in a fence. We managed to free it but it was a high stress situation for all involved. The risk of becoming hoof pudding or being impaled by antlers seemed more acceptable than the thought of walking away and leaving it. However, if we spotted that deer running free during a hunt we would gladly shoot it. It seems like quite a contradiction at times.

Sucks but it happens.

never seen anything caught in a fence except a moose.

The Warden and I in 93 was driving up to washington state via montana (scenic drive) came across a baby moose tangle up in a fence along the freeway before the pass. Like the dumb butt I am I figured I could untangle it. HA those babies are huge and mama was a little bit pissed..

after 30 mins I had The Warden drive to the closest gas station and get some help, she got back about he same time a state cop drove up. we worked it for 2 hours getting that thing untangled. mostly because Mama moose was chasing us off.

we got some vid of it somewhere it was pretty cool. a work out forsure.

The baby was pretty cool it didnt mind being petted. mama moose became somewhat pleasant after she realized we werent hurting the baby. she would just grunt instead of charging at the end.

Delw