jessedlc2

Scouting in 3b

Most likely they will be.

I know from past exp that the very last week in September it ramps up big time.

As a matter of fact I killed mine the very last day of my hunt which I believe to be September 30th, I remember that day, bulls were crazy going off everywhere. I turned down 3 I could've easily killed before I killed mine and I got mine around 10 am

I have this same tag, this post was pretty helpful, will be soloing it so will be a challenge for sure.

are you a non resident?

No I'm a resident, gonna go up in september just to look around but stay on roads cus of the archery hunters and listen to bugles, then head up in November sometime get a better feel for what the elk are doing.

That one is already gathering his harem

Or he could Identify as a cow and is now not legal to hunt

Saw this weird one this morning.

post-4480-0-74631700-1496008378_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I was working in unit 1 and 3B last week. I bet we saw 500 elk a day mornings and evenings. Saw some bulls that were already 3'+ wide with 3' main beams, and a couple wider that already were sporting 4ths.

• Like 1

To all those who replied, thank you!!!! I have a dillema i had planned on scouting again in August but my plans changed i drew a so cal mule deer hunt in October and i think I might scout that instead and lastly my cc got hit for Az mule deer, kaibab archery was my first and 19b rifle was my second. I only had one point so waiting on results 😬😬😬 If i did not draw kaibab i still have a week in August to scout either 3b for my late muzzy or so cal deer... any thoughts???

Being your time is limited, I'd recommend coming over a week before your hunt starts and do your scouting then. Patterns change substantially between Sept and Nov.

pattern is pretty simple. if there is no snow they are in the pines. if it snows they will migrate lower into the fields.

I have 10 days , what do u guys think??? 4 days of scouting 6 of hunting?

10 days to hunt just the 3B tag? Or 3B plus all that other mess?