Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Favorite ATL follow up story!

First off....I have found very few antlers in my wanderings but this weekend had the opportunity to take three of my boys and one of my grandsons out turkey/antler hunting/elk scouting!!!

Friday AM worked a lazy ridge and draw where we have found turkey before, while in the draw we looked at a well beaten trail in the bottom of the drainage and considered setting up a trail cam just for fun but decided to wait and see if we found "better" prospects!

Saturday, during the heat of the day we decide we really want to set the trail cam up on that well beaten trail so we go hike back in up the well beaten trail to a spot we like!

As we are setting up the trail cam which took all 5 of us, Max my 7 year old grandson is running all over the place throwing pine cones at squirrels and eventually becomes our photo dummy to determine if we like the pictures!

After trying several different locations as we are putting the finishing touches on the setup I look over and not 50 yards from where we are setting up this camera I see a tine sticking up, dropping my jaw holler at my oldest son and said, "Would you look over there between those two trees?"

All of us adults gather around to laugh.....we have only passed this antler 3-4 times plus played in front of it for the last 45 minutes. So my oldest son grabs Max and decides to take him on one more antler hunt!!!

By far the funnest antler hunt ever to watch that 7 year old come alive as he spotted those tines sticking up!!!

post-2034-0-00032100-1493674665_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-91614100-1493674688_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-44214700-1493674838_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-98015700-1493674815_thumb.jpg

So in my book this becomes my all time ATL favorite!!!

post-2034-0-73719200-1493673888_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Thats cool your kid found it., funny that they run around like that, mine still does and she's 16

so where was it(antler) in the other pic.