naturebob

My 35 A hunt

Thats to bad unit 1 has been ruined. My buddies said all my old spots are full of people. I have not been there in 7 years since before I went to N Dakota for 5 years. I know th 2 fires up there has cause havoc but hard to believe everyone has to hunt the same areas.I also hear of the large # of junior hunters and families with 3-4 kids all killing year after year. G& F needs to acess the situation. It was a premium turkey hunt for 20 years for me. I am all for kid hunters but got to limit it some how.and or less tags for adults.........BOB!.

A lot of the country was moonscaped during the fire. Not nearly as many trees or cover as there used to be. I do agree a different management approach could be used, but I was very, very surprised at the lack of people I saw on my wife's hunt during the first weekend. Quite possibly the weather factored in.

Regardless, those Gould's are beautiful birds. Amazing color on them. Congratulations.

• Like 1

Coues 79 ,Yes I heard the weather factored in. The Wind was nasty and some snow. Us Arizonans aint used to that wind. Its just not fun.By Sunday My buddies left to come back to the valley. I'm sure others did too.......BOB!

Congrats! Great looking bird!

Im sitting on 20 pts as a NR, hoping to draw soon.

• Like 1

Finally got My Goulds from May over to Sven today. What a good guy. thanks for the refrrals. He talks as Much as I do ,lol........BOB!

• Like 1

Finally got My Goulds from May over to Sven today. What a good guy. thanks for the refrrals. He talks as Much as I do ,lol........BOB!

He is a great guy and taxidermist. Fun to talk to!

• Like 1

Nice bird Bob. Did you catch it in the campground? I have caught and released may birds in that country.

• Like 1

Thom ,Almost. I can say I walked up the road about 1/3 of a mile till I got into gobblin. Ya pretty easy yet fun hunt......BOB!

HEY, wait a minute! Didn't happen w/o pics!!

• Like 1

HEY, wait a minute! Didn't happen w/o pics!!

Oops, thought you picked up the mount.....sorry BOB!

Only have to get my Florida Ocseola for my 5 slam. Not going to central America for Occelated. The Florida prices are going up too. Kinda sucks.....BOB!

• Like 1