Sign in to follow this  
plee911

wild/feral pigs in AZ where can i find some on public land?

Me and several friends 8 to 10 people are looking to hunt some pig. Let me be clear we are not talking about the little javies we are looking for wild/feral hogs doesn't matter if they are escaped domestics. I have been all over the net looking for information and have seen a few stories but nothing in the past year that I can make a good plan on. I have seen the info on game and fish about 13B but the information has not been updated in at least 5 years. I have also heard about the ones in the Havasu refuge but have not been able to find any reliable info about hunting for them outside of the refuge. If anybody can point me in the right direction of some public land hunting for these animals it would be greatly appreciated. I live way up north so northern AZ is preferred but willing to travel if a decent sized population is accessible. I definitely want to stay in state though, like I said any recent reliable information would be greatly helpful. Not looking for somebody to give up their honey hole location just get me in the right area and definitely not looking for a canned ranch hunt. If there was some private land that was having trouble with them and wanted help eliminating/reducing the population I would also be willing to do that just not interested in paying some farmer to kill a pig that's tearing up his property.The whole point of hunting is to get out and do the leg work to get the animal. Would love to be able to do a hunt soon and then maybe another one in the fall around October.

....good luck. I don't believe there are any huntable populations in AZ. Once in a great while somebody will kill one but that's about it

• Like 3

Me and 8-10 of my buddies are looking for a good coues spot as well if anyone has one. Preferably in one of the leftover units and would like an area with no snakes and 110" bucks. Also looking for a good spot for OTC elk for myself and several of my friends. Not looking for huge bulls, 330+ would be good though.

• Like 18

yotebuster once you figure it out can I come with? I don't want your honey holes where the 330s are ill be fine with a 300 as long as its a clean 6x just point me in the right direction

• Like 1

There around, on the rim, over by crown king, just have to find someone with info.

I shot one on the san pedro over by mammoth about 7-8 years ago. Used to be an outfit called tnt outfitters i believe. Think i paid $200. The "outfitter" isn't around anymore but i'm sure there are still pigs around. I think the Rancher who's private property most of them are on's name is Andy Smallhouse? They aren't fenced in or anything so i'm sure a guy could find one on public if enough time was spent. Seems like the regs used to say something about not being able to hunt them there though? The Dunton ranch by kingman offers hunts for them but it's a canned hunt and is $500 for a hog

• Like 1

I have heard that there are Ferrell hogs along the Colorado near Topock. I would recommend starting with the G&F that handles that area. Also know a rancher who has trapped and shot some NW of Willcox. A lot of that area is private.

+1 on hunting the Dutton Ranch they are good dudes. If you are looking for a guaranteed kill this might be a good option. Scotty told me that they had some pros from Hoyt come out and they had a tough hunt spot and stock hunting big rams. They cater to all kinds of hunters........ blind, bow spot and stock, rifle, disabled hunters, I think they have some exotics as well.

So as you can see you are going to have a hard time finding anyone willing to give up a spot. Hogs in AZ are very rare and the few folks who do have a bead on them are not inclined to let a bunch of people in on their honey hole.

Welcome to the site and good luck with your search. You may be better off planning a dove hunt in Sept or coues hunt later in the fall.

• Like 3

I shot one on the san pedro over by mammoth about 7-8 years ago. Used to be an outfit called tnt outfitters i believe. Think i paid $200. The "outfitter" isn't around anymore but i'm sure there are still pigs around. I think the Rancher who's private property most of them are on's name is Andy Smallhouse? They aren't fenced in or anything so i'm sure a guy could find one on public if enough time was spent. Seems like the regs used to say something about not being able to hunt them there though? The Dunton ranch by kingman offers hunts for them but it's a canned hunt and is $500 for a hog

That would be the Carlink Ranch owned and operated by Andy and Stefanie Smallhouse. I saw a TV show which highlited them a while back and the came across as genuinely nice people.

See the pigs in topock gorge all the time just never where you can hunt them. They are all along the back waters on the river.

Don't discount the private ranch hunts in either California or Texas if you're looking for some tough hunting even if it's private land. I've done two in California and one in Texas and still without a tagged archery hog. They're about the smartest animals around once they are being hunted.