tjhunt2

Fishing Big Lake

I was going to go walleye fishing but with the cold fronts decided to go to big lake today instead. Trolled everything I could think of for three hours and never got a bite. Tons of people fishing both in boat and on bank. Not a single fish was caught by anyone. Everyone was dumbfounded and disappointed. Hopefully with the warmup this week it will get better. Hopefully someone somewhere figured it out today.

Brian

• Like 1

they werent even biting ford fenders?

Heck no. I'm going to stick to crappie and walleye. Should have went walleye fishing.

• Like 2

Big lake has been very very slow from what I've seen and heard. We caught very few fish the times we've gone tho my seven year old son caught a 23" rainbow we didn't catch very many.

• Like 2

I was going to go walleye fishing but with the cold fronts decided to go to big lake today instead. Trolled everything I could think of for three hours and never got a bite. Tons of people fishing both in boat and on bank. Not a single fish was caught by anyone. Everyone was dumbfounded and disappointed. Hopefully with the warmup this week it will get better. Hopefully someone somewhere figured it out today.

Brian

Well that's just fishing. Fortunately for us dies hards it only happens a few times in our lives, at least that my experience in 64 years of chasing fish.

• Like 1

Anyone ever fish Nelson? Since I'll be there a while I'll have time to try a few other places. :)

TJ

Nelson used to be overrun with crawdads it seemed but heard its gotten better. Havent fished there in years. A lot of good advice(rainbow powerbait, worms on the bottom, etc) on here that Ive used that has worked well at Big Lake, other then don't go on Memorial Day weekend, it becomes Phoenix 2.0, lol