Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Black River

Took a trip into Black River, second time for me but a different spot! I was amazed at how much water was running. Last time (maybe 15 years ago?) further up river there were just small pools, could walk across without having to wade.

Two completely different experiences but both memorable as being just great tranquility and absolute fun!

I can't remember the time of year last time but I am curious is it at a normal level right? Normal of course being relevant to time of year and all the other factors, but in general is it normal?

post-2034-0-78603800-1495470351_thumb.jpg

Love fishing with this gal!!!

post-2034-0-02723900-1495470296_thumb.jpg

Little cat that couldn't resist a night crawler!!!

post-2034-0-47114300-1495470323_thumb.jpg

Also a question for those who frequent the area.....why don't people fish the White River?

• Like 3

That water level does look pretty high compared to normal, but at the same time it still looks pretty darn clear! Were you guys purposely fishing for cats or was that the only thing biting? Also, what part of the river did you fish?

I am heading up this weekend to hopefully get on the small mouth bite that should be picking up soon so any further information you could share would be awesome. And to answer your question a lot of people do fish the white river but most the fish pulled out of there dont have much size but you can usually do pretty well half a mile or more up from where it converges. I see more rattlers and bears up the white river then I do on the black so that may be a deterent to some.

We got there around 1:00 in the afternoon, it was more of a go check the place out and bring our fishing poles adventure.

Most of the people we bumped into were using night crawlers. My wife caught a few on a little chartreuse shad. The real reason I caught a cat was because I was helping my wife get a mess fixed on her pole so I threw a worm out there and let it sit while we were working on her pole.

We fished until it was too dark to see. Very relaxing afternoon not too concerned about catching or not catching. I was surprised at how many people were there but we never felt crowded!

We were at Tick Flats I believe but not 100% sure about that.....according to my map reading skills that is where we were!

• Like 1