Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Seward Alaska Fishing Trip

I posted earlier about this and what to get. Thanks for all the help and advise. We did end up going to Big Rays for all of our gear. Funny part was in Seward at the TrueValue had the same stuff for 20 dollars cheaper. But if I was going in the middle of the summer I would go to Big Rays, because Im sure TrueValue will get hammered out of gear.

This trip was short and Sweet but I tell you what Seward is a little piece of Heaven!!

Me and my Business partner on the right side

post-12761-0-48346600-1495494204_thumb.jpg

post-12761-0-57662700-1495494271_thumb.jpg

Seas were so rough to be out in open ocean. I almost feed the fishes!!

post-12761-0-45141200-1495494307_thumb.jpg

post-12761-0-69703800-1495494404_thumb.jpg

post-12761-0-51936700-1495494493_thumb.jpg

post-12761-0-41954200-1495494569_thumb.jpg

Man this town is just surrounded by beautiful mountains

post-12761-0-57277600-1495494605_thumb.jpg

Overall this trip was fun. Salmon fishing was really slow. Of course they tell me this after I already bought everything, but I can only blame myself for not really checking into that first. They say June is really good and 1 week of Aug they limit out in 20 min. So Aug next time for me!!

• Like 3

It is an awesome place. When i fished out of Seward we were done with silvers in about 30 mins. Late aug. Early sep. Cant remember.

It is an awesome place. When i fished out of Seward we were done with silvers in about 30 mins. Late aug. Early sep. Cant remember.

Yep thats what they said! Lesson learned but very glad I still went

Did you also fish for halibut too?

45lbs

Did you also fish for halibut too?

16lbs of halibut

45lbs

Not bad at all. I did 3 charters and brought back 100 lbs of halibut and 25 lbs of salmon all flash frozen fillets. Your making me want to go again.

• Like 1

What's the trip cost if you don't mind me asking? I know halibut frozen at a store is $18-25 a lb give or take. Seems like 16lbs if fresh fish is worth it (with the experience)

We came home with 1100 dollars worth of fish sold at market price. Depending on what your doing and how long your planning on being there. But if you did what we did, airfare, rental, processing fish and freezing it home, tips, hotels 2 nights, food, and we weren't all that conservative but ate out pretty good we spent about 2k per person. Just another day of fishing (charter fishing) you will easily be in the 3500 range.

• Like 1

What's the trip cost if you don't mind me asking? I know halibut frozen at a store is $18-25 a lb give or take. Seems like 16lbs if fresh fish is worth it (with the experience)

When i went the trip cost me 2 grand. I brought back $1500. In halibut + the.salmon. market price then was 15$ a pound for halibut.

• Like 1

Zeke-BE. Did you fed-ex your fish back or check in a cooler? Heading to Alaska this week with wife and have a couple fishing trips planned. First time.

Zeke-BE. Did you fed-ex your fish back or check in a cooler? Heading to Alaska this week with wife and have a couple fishing trips planned. First time.

300 dollars for them to process it, vacuum seal, and ship it home. I think it was worth it. We took our pictures handed it over and gave them our address, and went to a local restaurant and enjoyed the evening

Last time I went Alaska Airlines would let you bring 50lb boxes of fish for $75 each.

There was a guy at the Ketchikan airport giving the ticket counter girl a hard time about it. She wouldnt budge so he started giving away boxes to avoid paying. I took a box of coho and a box of halibut. When i got up to the counter to pay the fee the Girl says no charge because that guy is a jerk

• Like 3