Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Some UPS Counter Employees Suck

Dropped a scope off to ship to Alabama. No issues. Said it was a "precision optical equipment", the lady said, "A telescope?".

I agreed, paid $101 shipping with insurance.

An hour later, I got a call saying they could not ship a gun. Told her it wasn't a gun. She said we can't ship gun parts. I told her it wasn't a gun part. She said the box says for better shooting. I told her is was not a gun part, call ATF and ask them. She said she would not ship it.

Screw UPS.

I have shipped other scopes with UPS with no issues. I have received scopes from UPS with no issues. In fact, I am expecting a scope to be delivered TODAY from UPS.

• Like 2

From the UPS site

UPS accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the part is not a "firearm" as defined under federal law; the contents of the package cannot be assembled to form a firearm; and the package otherwise complies with federal, state, and local law. (Note: Receivers or frames of a firearm and firearm mufflers/silencers (also referred to as suppressors) are considered "firearms" and are accepted for transportation only if shipped in accordance with UPS's requirements for shipping firearms.)

UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and ( where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

A call to her supervisor about her anti-gun agenda that does not comply with UPS policy might be in order.

• Like 12

300 is correct. The issue is not with UPS, it is with the person that doesn't know federal law or her company policy. A call to her supervisor with references in hand for the company policy and applicable USC, along with the person's name who is being ignorant about the fact, should resolve the issue.

I am curious if this has any merit for a case of discrimination?

Case of discrimination? :lol: :lol: Get a lawyer! :D

Sounds like a case of someone not really knowing the rules & regulations well enough to do their job. Unfortunately, that seems to happen all to much these days.... ^_^

S.

• Like 1

Probably less of a political view than someone being ignorant. People at my office spout off about policies that don't really exist all the time.

• Like 1

I always figured ups to be pretty reliable. appears to be an isolated incident. I would change the title to the lady as being difficult than the whole entity bein sucky

Have you ever called the help desk at AZ G&F? Very good chance you will get bad or incorrect information.

• Like 1

Just put it in a bigger box with some peanuts, then go ship it or go to the post office. Still better than FedEx and their ridiculous delivery antics.

• Like 1

From the UPS site

UPS accepts firearm parts for shipment, provided the part is not a "firearm" as defined under federal law; the contents of the package cannot be assembled to form a firearm; and the package otherwise complies with federal, state, and local law. (Note: Receivers or frames of a firearm and firearm mufflers/silencers (also referred to as suppressors) are considered "firearms" and are accepted for transportation only if shipped in accordance with UPS's requirements for shipping firearms.)

UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and ( where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

A call to her supervisor about her anti-gun agenda that does not comply with UPS policy might be in order.

I showed her this exact excerpt from the UPS website on shipping guns and gun parts.

Don't get me started on USPS. They are fine for small items like rings and bases. I have heard a lot of nightmares with big ticket items, and my individual delivery man is a joke. I am currently waiting on 2 packages out of 3 they have botched delivery of. Went down to the post office this afternoon, and they had 1 of the 3. Still missing 2....and they "tried" to deliver on Wednesday, and can't seem to find my packages now. Same with my last 3 deliveries. Pay for 2 or 3 day delivery, and it turns into 5-7 business days, almost every time. At least for me receiving. Even delivery of the last few items I shipped took an extra day or 2.

Well, you could just use USPS, but you might have to drive around to every house that might have a duplicate address or a address thats close to yours to find it.

• Like 1