Sign in to follow this  
Red Sparky

Left over tags on sale June 22nd

Heads up! June 21st for NM residents. Looks like about 350 deer tags, no unit 23 and youth only in 15. Mainly muzzleloader with some archery. About 100 archery javalina tags. Listed on the NM G&F web site if anybody is interested.

• Like 1

I have never had the opportunity to hunt New Mexico or though about it before. But since it is so close I am thinking I should give it a go but really don't know where to start.

Any coues tags?

There are 60 "fork antlered deer" tags (either whitetail or mule deer) available in 26 for the muzzle loader hunt. There are Coues whitetails in the south end of the unit, but access is tricky.

29 tags : Jan. 2018, archery, in unit 27 are FAWTD .

I have never had the opportunity to hunt New Mexico or though about it before. But since it is so close I am thinking I should give it a go but really don't know where to start.

It's a beautiful state and another shot at drawing a tag. My problem with with New Mexico is that it seems to have an appetite for me. 2 of my last 3 hunts there put me in the E/R. Red Sparky tells me eating lots of chili should help solve that problem. Keep it in mind if you head over.