stanley

New Mexico Landowner Tags? -WANTED-

Can anyone share experience or offer a referral on a New Mexico landowner pronghorn tag? My oldest has always wanted to hunt pronghorn, and I was thinking of maybe buying a landowner permit as a college graduation present. Did a little Google searching to start, but would MUCH rather get a referral or advice from someone here.

Thanks in advance for any help or info!

S.

:)

PS: Of course feel free to PM me, or post here. Either way.... Thx!

my brother & I used Dan Bishop out of Tucson a few yrs ago. great ranch's & decent goats for New Mexico.

his number 1-520-664-4536

antelopeadventures.com

my brother & I used Dan Bishop out of Tucson a few yrs ago. great ranch's & decent goats for New Mexico.

his number 1-520-664-4536

antelopeadventures.com

Thanks much! In looking at his website, it looks like they do fully guided (2X1). I was looking for more of a 'trespass fee' land access thing so we could do it ourselves, but I'll definitely call Dan to query him on what he knows. Appreciate it!

S.

Get the landowner list and start making calls. Many ranch tags are bought up by outfitters but some are not. Around Tatum there are lots of goats but they tend to not be very big so tags are not super expensive. Sorry, but I do not personally know anyone selling tags this year.

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/download/hunting/maps/a-plus/A_PLUS-Landowner-List.pdf

• Like 1

This will be my first Antelope hunt this August. A friend got me a land owner tag from a friend of his. Right now all I can tell you that an out of state hunting licence and the add ones will set you back 362.00 in New Mexico, plus whatever the land owner charges you for the tag.

• Like 1

Thanks for the continued info, everyone!

hunterforlife, I appreciate the link to the landowner list. Just starting my research, and this will help a lot. Not sure if I will try for this Fall or not. Will be patient and see what happens. Thanks again!

S.

I'm supposed to get my land owner tag information by Tuesday . The guy used to work the ranch and usually takes his kids every year. This year they had 4 more. I bought one from him should have 3 left. I'll message him or see if he still has them. $1500'landmowner tag on 55,000 acres. Says you will run out of ammo before antelope.

• Like 1

Never mind they are gone

I'm all set, thanks guys!! (Zeke, based on your description , I'm pretty sure we bought tags from the same guy. 😉).

Thanks again to everyone for the info/referrals. My son and I are looking forward to a great trip!

S.

• Like 1

I'm all set, thanks guys!! (Zeke, based on your description , I'm pretty sure we bought tags from the same guy. ).

Thanks again to everyone for the info/referrals. My son and I are looking forward to a great trip!

S.

Cool!! Hope to see you there!!

• Like 1