Sign in to follow this  
Healy Arms

What's Your One Indispensable Exercise

For me I find that the one thing that gives me the most bang for my workout minutes is the love/hate burpees.

Love: full range of useful motion that works you from head to toe and there's nothing I can point to that's bad for a joint or muscle - no unnatural motion and lots of lung.

Hate: sucking wind and wishing I'd never committed to a morning of slowly counting my way to 100 and trying to beat last week's time. Good God - they are always better when you're finally done.

Yeah, I can't say I like them, but with the overall benefits they're a once a week thing on the schedule and will be until I'm too old to do them.

And you? What's your gotta have?

• Like 2

5 burpees and 5 wall balls (at a predetermined height). If you dot clear the mark it doesn count. go for 10 minutes The End.

I use this to see where I am at physically. My feed back is always the same. not in shape!

• Like 1

Running of any type. My form of running is called basketball. Or football. Or ultimate frisbee.

• Like 1

Hot yoga 3-4 times per week.

70 minutes of heated work-out. Instructor at the place I go does a good job of mixing in LOTS of push-ups and crunches in throughout the workout. (Walking out reminds me of exiting the wrestling room in high school! :lol:)

S.

x2 on running. Hate running always have, but I think for me Ive noticed a big difference with my plyo training