Sign in to follow this  
Healy Arms

What's Your One Indispensable Exercise

Now that I'm retired and a total wreck in terms of being in any kind of shape I'm heading for a nearby gym tomorrow morning. My Medicare says I have a Silversneaker plan benefit where it will pay for a membership. If I am to continue to do the things I love I better get my fat butt in gear or my hunting and fishing days are about over. Thanks for motivating me Mr. Healy. :)

TJ

• Like 1

I bought a used gym quality elliptical treadmill a few years ago. It is nice because I can program it to simulate climbing up and down mountains. Cardio and leg muscle.

• Like 3

mountain biking! I have done it for years and still continue to. Great cardio and endurance training

• Like 2

perfect stuff - I'm going to go right off of this list and use it for fall prep (including the 12oz curls - with frequency limitations)

working right off of the list - starting with "got out of bed"

Hunting.

If only time allowed...

• Like 1

Hunting.

If only time allowed...
Silly one word answer, but it truly is indispensable. Nothing has made my heart beat like a tough hunt, and all of what goes into it is one of my forms of exercise when I talk to the Doc.
  • Like 2

Toss up between lap swimming and hiking with weighted pack. More than likely hiking with pack then swim then running. I have committed to doing a triathlon in late July so I have been doing a tri workout each week, 30 min swim, 30 min bike, 30 min run all at the gym.

• Like 2

Hunting.

If only time allowed...
Silly one word answer, but it truly is indispensable. Nothing has made my heart beat like a tough hunt, and all of what goes into it is one of my forms of exercise when I talk to the Doc.

I lifted for 18 years straight. I haven't lifted in 22 months, I just fish and place cameras and hunt now lol

• Like 5

Pull-ups or Power Cleans

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

Jump rope. Less stress on your body than running, keeps your core strong, works on coordination, cheap, and portable.

In my teens and early 20s I couldn't get a cheater six pack even when I was running a 4:32 mile and a 2:02 800. Within 4 months of jumping rope in my late 20's the six pack is coming in and my cardio is killer.