Sign in to follow this  
tjkazhunter

Shot in the dark! I need your help finding my first rifle I sold. Please Read.

This is a total shot in the dark, but I am hoping that I can find the guy that I sold my Savage 11 FXP3 .223 in Sept of 2013. That rifle was a gift from my father when I was 16 and I harvested my first deer with that rifle. Foolishly I sold it and I have recently been really regretting that decision. That is the only rifle my dad ever gave me and if at all possible I would love to locate the guy that bought it and see if he would sell it back to me. I believe he was a CW member, but I could be mistaken. If you recall purchasing a Savage from me in Sept 2013 I would really like to talk with you. Attached is a photo with my and my first coues deer (the one that started the obsession) that I took with that rifle. Thanks for reading.

post-10752-0-54338200-1498672530_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good Luck on the Search !!!

I hope you find it and work out a deal to get it back.

I sold my 6" blue colt python when I was in college back in the 80's because I needed money. One of the worst decisions I ever made.

• Like 3

I would sell any gun back for what I paid (free if I was in the financial place to) if a guy had a legit story like that, I've regretted sales too and tried to replace items that I couldn't.

• Like 1

I hope you find it and work out a deal to get it back.

I sold my 6" blue colt python when I was in college back in the 80's because I needed money. One of the worst decisions I ever made.

Ouch

• Like 1

At least you didn't sell it at the pawn shop like must youngsters , I would try to find another like it, i'd say this one is gone

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help thus far. Yeah, like I said it is a shot in the dark, but would love to get it back from the guy. I may just have to buy another one like it like wildwoody says.

Thanks for all the help thus far. Yeah, like I said it is a shot in the dark, but would love to get it back from the guy. I may just have to buy another one like it like wildwoody says.

Never give up hope.
  • Like 1

To early in the game for that kind of talk. Some guys only come on line periodically or when it's closer to hunting season. Just keep bumping this to the top for a couple months, your odds of success will get better as we approach hunting season. Good luck I hope you find it.

• Like 1