Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

Rim camping/fishing

I'm looking to take a couple buddies up for a fishing trip up on the rim not sure which lake Woods Canyon Willow Springs or maybe another suggestion if you offer one looking for just general fishing maybe some trout and camping any suggestions

If you don't mind going further back in, I'd steer clear of the lakes you mentioned this time of year. There are people everywhere to the point where you can't enjoy it. I like Knoll late. It is about another 25 miles on the rim rode and will take an additional 45 minutes to an hour to get there, but well worth it. You will still run into other people, but nothing like you would experience at Woods Canyon or Willow Springs

• Like 4

He maybe right, but even if it is open , if you go to woods or willow it will be a bad memory to remember. Its amazing how many people can get shoulder to shoulder fishing, kids helping them selves to your bait and tackle, then the swimmers, growing up in Payson I was always told you couldn't swim in those lakes. I personally would go on a catfishing trip.

CJ is probably so exicted!! No road blocks in Payson for the 4th :)

CJ is probably so exicted!! No road blocks in Payson for the 4th :)

Haha like a dummy I picked this weekend to bring the wife and kid down to see nana!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry i just dont get out to the rim lakes so i dont know. I haven't been there in almost 10 years.

No worries. Would hate to have you drive all the way up there to not be able to enjoy it. I haven't read the closure so I would double check for yourself.