Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

Rim camping/fishing

Since cj is coming to the valley does that mean his house is open for the weekend??

CJ is probably so exicted!! No road blocks in Payson for the 4th :)

Haha like a dummy I picked this weekend to bring the wife and kid down to see nana!!!!

So does that mean your house is open for the weekend?? lol

Pretty sure north of control road and on top of the rim is closed

I called the Tonto National Forest 2 days ago and they said there were no closures. I asked about the Control rd and they told me no closures north of the control rd. I called so I wasn't making a wasted trip hanging trail cams. :)

TJ

Pretty sure north of control road and on top of the rim is closed

I called the Tonto National Forest 2 days ago and they said there were no closures. I asked about the Control rd and they told me no closures north of the control rd. I called so I wasn't making a wasted trip hanging trail cams. :)

TJ

Right on TJ,

Never can believe everything you hear in payson.

Since cj is coming to the valley does that mean his house is open for the weekend??

CJ is probably so exicted!! No road blocks in Payson for the 4th :)

Haha like a dummy I picked this weekend to bring the wife and kid down to see nana!!!!

So does that mean your house is open for the weekend?? lol

Ha it could be. I'll quit picking up dog poop if your going to come stay!!

If you don't mind going further back in, I'd steer clear of the lakes you mentioned this time of year. There are people everywhere to the point where you can't enjoy it. I like Knoll late. It is about another 25 miles on the rim rode and will take an additional 45 minutes to an hour to get there, but well worth it. You will still run into other people, but nothing like you would experience at Woods Canyon or Willow Springs

Just don't plan on catching a lot of fish. We hit it for years in October with a bunch of guys from work, less crowded for sure.

If you don't mind going further back in, I'd steer clear of the lakes you mentioned this time of year. There are people everywhere to the point where you can't enjoy it. I like Knoll late. It is about another 25 miles on the rim rode and will take an additional 45 minutes to an hour to get there, but well worth it. You will still run into other people, but nothing like you would experience at Woods Canyon or Willow Springs

+1.

I just came from up there and it was busy.