Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

Most Memorable Coues

Not to derail Bonecollectors thread, but what is your most memorable Coues!

For me it was my first Archery Coues buck on Christmas Eve Unit 33 Spot and Stalk

100_0003.jpg

100_0033.jpg

My son killed this on a backpack hunt and it was incredible. Made a perfect shot on a bedded buck at 401 yards.

Braedonsbuck.jpg

BraedonPack.jpg

Don't Mind the backpack, all down hill from here, little off balance. :)

Bothpack.jpg

• Like 5

Same story as in the other thread, but this one was my son's third buck. It was also the smallest, but the situation made it the most memorable.

post-6408-0-95762300-1499358452_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Don't Mind the backpack, all down hill from here, little off balance. :)

Bothpack.jpg

I would have fallen backwards a dozen times with that pack load.

• Like 3

The only one was last year shot it across a canyon at sundown. Then proceeded to make my way over there and that canyon just got steeper and deeper.

Slid my way to the bottom and only a couple cut and bruises later made my way up the other side. Got to the deer when the sun was almost down and began gut and debone while my partner tried to make it to help he never did find a way to me so i loaded it up and started my way back slip and slide in the dark down the shale mountains to the bottom and climb back out the other side. Back to camp by 10 pm.

Not sure i want to shoot another across a canyon at sundown but I will always have a great memory from that one.

• Like 5

A lot of great hunts and memories made but the most memorable had to be my daughter's second coues buck. Was text book; spot, stalk, wait him out, perfect shot, killer pack out, shared with some of the best people around.

post-216-0-26751400-1499363504_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-19153000-1499363534_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-09990800-1499363571_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-27513700-1499363598_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-69667700-1499363629_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Really hard to choose just one, but this one definitely comes to mind. My wife and I on her second backpack coues hunt. We were by ourselves way in the back country and had over a 4 hour pack out the next day. We had to leave lots of gear including all optics and head back in a week later to get the rest of gear :huh: (not a great feeling leaving that much capitol on the hillside for a week). I located the buck in the morning and we set up for an evening shot hoping he would resurface. Right before dark he appeared coming back over the ridge and she made a killer 400 yard shot and he dropped in his tracks. He was one of three bucks I was hoping to find. She wants to return for her hunt this year and I can't wait!

post-754-0-62990900-1499367561_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Same story as in the other thread, but this one was my son's third buck. It was also the smallest, but the situation made it the most memorable.

Send me your address, I've got a hat for your boy.

• Like 1

my dad's last day buck on a early hunt couple years ago, first deer he has ever got mounted...

I love the look of that ol Roman nose.

Great heavy buck!

• Like 2

Really hard to choose just one, but this one definitely comes to mind. My wife and I on her second backpack coues hunt. We were by ourselves way in the back country and had over a 4 hour pack out the next day. We had to leave lots of gear including all optics and head back in a week later to get the rest of gear :huh: (not a great feeling leaving that much capitol on the hillside for a week). I located the buck in the morning and we set up for an evening shot hoping he would resurface. Right before dark he appeared coming back over the ridge and she made a killer 400 yard shot and he dropped in his tracks. He was one of three bucks I was hoping to find. She wants to return for her hunt this year and I can't wait!

attachicon.gif2015 Colleen.jpg

Now thats my kind of "forky" :)