Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Hunting has Changed for the Worst...

I suppose but I think the internet exaggerates it to the point it's not as bad as it seems.

Case in point myself. Any one who knows me would tell you that Iam fanatical about hunting. It's all I do it's all think about. I would do any thing to fill my tags. No hill high no hike to far. Except once I find a legal animal I'll kill it and eat it with very little fan fair no pictures on Cwt don't even have a face book . Just a few text pictures to close friends. I know I'm not alone. And I'm a millennial.

• Like 3

That last post describes me too. I admit, I've had times where I've teetered on putting way too much stock into the size of the antlers. But now in my old age (just turned 30) I've come full circle to being the only judge of my hunting that I care about.

Only I know if I've put the work in, done so ethically, and if ill be happy and satisfied with the animal I try to take. Some days that might mean pursuing 100"+, some days that might mean a forky after 20+ days trying to stalk into range with my bow. I can honestly say I value the hunt and getting close more then the kill itself. Same goes for methods of hunting,but thats a whole nother conversation...

• Like 1

Hunting has been going down holl long before the tape measure became so important.

This .... entitlement .. back in the day when you passed someone on the trail it was always a friendly wave or a hat nod ... now nobody gives a fu@k about the next guy. I also contribute this to the internet every tom dick and harry out hunting that was never been brought up right , kidnda sad ..... driving by your camp dusting you out and sh!t ...etc no respect just entitlement .......
  • Like 1

I blame Kuiu, Flat Brimmed Hats and Trail Cameras in that order.

• Like 3

I'll out hunt all yall in my flat brim.

it's the only nice hat I have left (was given to me and now im out of reg hats) send back up hats ASAP

It's all about "likes" "followers" and getting that prostaff status.

If you have Facebook, holy crap people can't tell the difference between a bobcat and jaguar.

ive been trying to find that post ive seen it mentioned a few times lmao.

i get a kick out of the pro staff dudes promoting gear and giving expert opinions and theyve only killed a spike coues in their life.

• Like 4

I'll out hunt all yall in my flat brim.

it's the only nice hat I have left (was given to me and now im out of reg hats) send back up hats ASAP

i have a couple, the squaws love em.

It's all about "likes" "followers" and getting that prostaff status.

If you have Facebook, holy crap people can't tell the difference between a bobcat and jaguar.

ive been trying to find that post ive seen it mentioned a few times lmao.

i get a kick out of the pro staff dudes promoting gear and giving expert opinions and theyve only killed a spike coues in their life.

If I see it again, I'll tag you
  • Like 1

Hunting to me is getting away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life & enjoying time with family & friends !!! If I see an animal that I like I will shoot it if not no big deal. I just like being out in the woods

glassing up animals, scenery & taking it all in. Shooting & big bull or big buck would be nice, but i'm not going to be upset if I don't.

• Like 4