Sign in to follow this  
Red Sparky

Come on elk season!

Just pulled up the draw odds for NM this year. There are going to be less hunters on my elk hunt since I drew with 50 less hunters. Drew the second hunt instead of the first, 40% chance to draw on first choice as a resident and 20% chance to draw the tag overall first choice. The other good news is there are about 200 less deer tags this year. Elk and deer archery are at the same time.

Come on September!

• Like 1

Officially off the grid for elk and coues. Be back the 25th to let everyone know I didn't get one.

• Like 3

Well I din't get one. Winds were 20+ mph every day all day and night it seemed like. I din't take my jacket off except to go to bed. Called in some bulls and every time they got to within 100 yards the wind would switch directly to them. That or spend time walking 1 mile to get to blind set up with wind in face and 10 minutes after getting there the wind would switch. I had a good time anyhow. Hopefully the NM draw is good to me next year.

Since the wind usually comes from the west I thought it was because Texas sucks.

• Like 1