Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Fly fishing gear

Sportsman got flies and more. or the basspro fly shop

• Like 1

I buy almost all of my line through Orvis online, but I know Rio makes good line, too. Whatever line you get, make sure it has a welded loop at the end for attaching leaders. It makes life so much easier to change leaders, especially after you've gotten your 5th wind knot in 4 casts and the leader is beyond fixing!

I don't know what's where down in the valley or your area, but Sportsman's Warehouse has a good selection of line, leader, tippet, and flies. So does Bass Pro and Cabela's. Of course, if these guys know the local shops to hit, even better!

• Like 1

I buy almost all of my line through Orvis online, but I know Rio makes good line, too. Whatever line you get, make sure it has a welded loop at the end for attaching leaders. It makes life so much easier to change leaders, especially after you've gotten your 5th wind knot in 4 casts and the leader is beyond fixing!

I don't know what's where down in the valley or your area, but Sportsman's Warehouse has a good selection of line, leader, tippet, and flies. So does Bass Pro and Cabela's. Of course, if these guys know the local shops to hit, even better!

There is an Orvis store in Scottsdale.

• Like 1

Sweet! A piece of redemption next time I'm down there for a soccer tournament!

• Like 1

A new new Orvis store in my neighborhood @ 20th Street & Camelback also. FYI if you're closer to Central Phx.

S.

:)

• Like 1

A new new Orvis store in my neighborhood @ 20th Street & Camelback also. FYI if you're closer to Central Phx.

S.

:)

This is the only one now. The store in Scottsdale at Kierland relocated to 20th St. and Camelback. They'll take great care of you...

Sportsman's Warehouse or Cabela's would be the closest to you. It's worth the drive to Desert Sportsman or the Orvis Store if you're headed into town. I would also suggest checking out www.azflyandtie.com. You can get a ton of info there if you use the search tool, and then order what you need to online. Do know that you're likely to get 10 people on here to give up a honey hole for hunting before someone from there gives up a honey hole for fly fishing.