Sign in to follow this  
Idcurs

Wilbur unit 9 bull

2008 or 2009 the mullins boys had the gov hunter from az up there kill a bull they named wilbur.He scored over 430 and was still in velvet.Any one remember the date he was killed?I was thinking july but my buddy says aug.Thanks

2008 or 2009 the mullins boys had the gov hunter from az up there kill a bull they named wilbur.He scored over 430 and was still in velvet.Any one remember the date he was killed?I was thinking july but my buddy says aug.Thanks

Wilbur must be a popular name for 430 bulls in velvet. I believe a3 killed a "wilbur" that scored 430 in August two years ago as well.
  • Like 1

Yes Aug 24th 09, I was able to hold and get some pictures with that bull the following morning. Picture do not do that bull justice. The Mullins are great people and amazing hunters.

Certainly a better name than Sparky.

I take offense to that sir! Duel by whisky, fireside elk camp.

• Like 4

I had a archery tag that year,and you could not get a game cam on the water he was coming to!!!!!!I have tape of him in a draw feeding and he is a lot bigger on the hoof!!!I glassed next to Jim on a few mornings up there that year.There were many big bulls that year,at least 4 over 400 and 3to5 in the 385 plus range!!!He was the stud of the bunch and I was hoping he would go back to the res till my hunt opened--no such luck!I have not seen any near him this year ----YET,but I will keep looking.I have a muzzy tag this year and have spent a lot of time so far looking.