Sign in to follow this  
GJMauro12

Big Horn Blues

My buddy called me 7/11/2017 all jacked up and excited that he got charged for sheep. He was out of town and didn't even remember what unit he had applied for. He thought it was 24B but finally got home Monday 7/14 and said his first choice was 37B. He's been calling me almost every day to talk about sheep and says he's watched every YouTube sheep hunt he could find. He kept asking when results would come out.

Well today was the day he found out what unit his 13 year old son willl be hunting bighorn sheep. 37B

• Like 7

I thought 37B was a max point holder tag? Maybe I'm wrong but Congrats to him!

What's blue about that?!? I'd be stoked either way! He mad cuz his son drew it?

He's not too upset. Just knows his son has a lot more years left than he does for a chance to draw a tag.

• Like 1

I'm gonna agree with the blues side of it. 13 year olds don't appreciate sheep tags. Need to make a rule you need atleast 5+ points before you even get a chance to draw. But congrats either way should be fun.

• Like 2

My 13 yr old daughter shot her sheep she appreciated it enough she had tears in her eyes when she put her hands on it's horns.

So I have to disagree

• Like 3

So a 15 year old will appreciate it more than a 13 year old. That kid is going to have some memories that will last him his lifetime not sitting around waiting to get drawn if ever.

• Like 5

Man some good thoughts and perspectives on this. It's a complicated question.

Regardless there are a bunch of dudes on this sight who helped with the 37b tagholder last year.

• Like 1

One of my hunting partners has a 17 yr old daughter who is a bighorn away from the Az big ten. I can tell you she is far more hard core about hunting then half the adult men I know that hunt. The statement that You have to be of a certain age or you won't / can't appreciate it could not be more wrong....

Just got a phone call from her dad. He drew a 37 b sheep tag..... Looks like she will get her sheep....

• Like 4

Man some good thoughts and perspectives on this. It's a complicated question.

Regardless there are a bunch of dudes on this sight who helped with the 37b tagholder last year.

I will be there again if needed

Why the blues he put her in, did he not think she had a chance to call. I put my son in for the bonus point because I ain't paying $300 for his tag

• Like 1