Sign in to follow this  
GJMauro12

Big Horn Blues

Im a little confused. There is only 1 tag for 37b. GJMauro12 says a buddies 13yo son will get it. AZelkhunter2 says his buddy is giving it to his 17yo daughter.......

• Like 1

Im a little confused. There is only 1 tag for 37b. GJMauro12 says a buddies 13yo son will get it. AZelkhunter2 says his buddy is giving it to his 17yo daughter.......

way to go ruining their fairy tale story man. .

His daughter got drawn for a once in a lifetime tag that he put her in for? That's awful. If this is such a bummer, why didn't he consider putting her in for bonus point only? Did he pony up the 5 bucks for Point Guard? Not that I could ever see anyone just handing a tag like that back in, but considering the level of travesty here...

I seen the screen shot of my buddy's portal and it's hunt number 6022 37b.

And just to set the record straight, he is in no way disappointed that his son drew the tag. This post was meant to be more of a joke and I was just having a little fun with the "big horn blues" statement and the people that have been saying kids shouldn't be allowed to draw tags. I guess I don't have the best sense of humor. Although I do have sympathy for those with max points or close to max that still haven't drawn I appreciate the system that we have here and wouldn't want to see it changed.

He always knew there was a chance it wasn't his tag but with the point difference there was a little shock and awe when he checked his portal. His boy is going to have a great year. He drew a late rifle bull, a deer tag, a sheep tag and is going to Canada for moose and whitetail in October.

Thanks for the PMs from the guys that have hunted it before. Neither of us are sheep hunters and the "where to hunt" section on the game and fish page doesn't even mention bighorn.

Picket post is good. The area around the Red Mountain mine is also a good spot. North Butte, Martinez Canyon, plenty of good spots to choose from. My partner had the tag last year. Mid Hunt he had to turn it over to hunts for Heroes because his mother got very sick. I would be happy to share what we learned. Will send you a PM this evening

Picket post is good. The area around the Red Mountain mine is also a good spot. North Butte, Martinez Canyon, plenty of good spots to choose from. My partner had the tag last year. Mid Hunt he had to turn it over to hunts for Heroes because his mother got very sick. I would be happy to share what we learned. Will send you a PM this evening

I think you meant Reymert mine? Only red mountain mine I know of is in mesa

I think you meant Reymert mine? Only red mountain mine I know of is in mesa

I did mean Red Mountain mine. It's east of the Coke Ovens up on the south edge of the white Canyon wilderness.
  • Like 1