Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Info on YPG

Any of you Yuma guys know if they keep the ypg closed until Sep 1st? My brother drew 43a and I've got maps of everything with water holes. There's about 4 water tanks on the ypg I'm wanting to put cams on but online says scouting can't begin until Sep 1st. Would prefer to get them out asap but if Sep 1st is the first day we can deal with it.

I have a friend trying to find out the same thing for 43b.

I've called every number I can find and no answer. I'd be happy if we could just get in there to set a cam and leave and then be able to come back in and check it beginning of sep

I have a friend trying to find out the same thing for 43b.

I've called every number I can find and no answer. I'd be happy if we could just get in there to set a cam and leave and then be able to come back in and check it beginning of sep
I'll call him a little later and see if he knows anything.

I read the rules and it seems pretty clear that no one is getting in to hunt or scout until Sep. That sucks.

I did find a pdf file to download for.the access permit. Its 10$ for hunter and 10$ for each helper.

Call them. My experience in 43b the sheep move quite a distance from most of the game waters once the season roll around. For the 43B guys there is a lot of sheep habitat not on YPG to look at.

• Like 1

Yeah I've found all the forms and such but you have to get the permit in person anyway after a little orientation. I know the sheep will move from summer to December but would like to get an idea of what's hanging around the area. I've tried calling multiple people today and no answer so maybe tomorrow.

If u can wait til the sheep seminar in Sept and want avoid a drive all the way to Yuma, they offer YPG registration at the sheep clinic. At least they did last year.

If u can wait til the sheep seminar in Sept and want avoid a drive all the way to Yuma, they offer YPG registration at the sheep clinic. At least they did last year.

By the way it's sounding we can't get on until Sep anyway but those units are all within an hour of Yuma anyway so won't be too bad if we have to drive an extra hour. Just would turn it into a scouting trip.