Sign in to follow this  
Tail_Dragger

Deer Leftovers

There will be leftovers this year, but they day is approaching that all tags will be issued via the draw.

They will post the leftover list once they post results for non-portal accounts.

If people stop putting down choices 3-5 there would probably be some decent tags leftover and you would not burn your points to get one. JMO

• Like 3

Having minimal deer points I put down two hunts as my 4th and 5th choice that had leftovers last year...I came up empty in the draw so I am pretty curious to see what the leftover list looks like this year.

• Like 1

If people stop putting down choices 3-5 there would probably be some decent tags leftover and you would not burn your points to get one. JMO

I don't have any points to burn, so what do I care. You guys that want the strip can bow hunt.

Drew my 4th choice this year that used to be a leftover consistently. Ended up drawing tag 690 out of 700. Leftovers will soon be a thing of the past unfortunately.

I think it is a good thing that leftovers are going away. If you want to hunt, out in and get drawn(or archery). If it continues like this maybe people will stop playing the points game(putting in for units with little to no chance just to get the point and then picking up a leftover) and eventually it might be easier to get drawn for the "good" units.

Maybe not, but we will see.