Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

Milwaukee Wisconsin

Not an AZ thread but hoping for possible info from any member. I'm traveling to Wauwatosa for a meeting in a few weeks and would like to take a rod along if there's any decent local fishing this time of year. Wauwatosa is a suburb of Milwaukee. I've never been to Wisconsin and I'll be spending three days.

Any members familiar with the area and would it be worth it to take a pole? Thanks.

That's a start.....thanks?

Best bet with limited time might be to charter a boat. Not real sure about Milwaukee, but I know there are lots of boats out of Port Washington, Not far up the coast. King salmon are running now.

call ahead for fishing charter on lake Michigan-- great time for smallies and walleyes - the huge lake trout --coho salmon etc. would be my target

lots of charters most have a spot where you join a group to pay less like $150 for a 5 hr trip

someinclude tackle and bait so prices may very - forget little stream local lakes and go big time !

lots of charters in and around Mke!! bet there is one 15-20 minutes from where you stay