• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Non-Typical Solutions

Non-Typical Solutions

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

I posted this a couple of years ago and thought someone on here tied flies but we never got that to work out for some reason!

I am looking for a long shank brown woolly worm fly with a gold band around it.

The image below only represents the band look and in no way represents what I am looking for otherwise!

woolyworm.jpg

Anybody out there make or know somebody that can make a brown woolly worm with a gold band?

#2 WampusCat

WampusCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Interests:You can't kill em' on the couch!

One of my too many hobbies.  What size would want them in and how many.  Feel free to shoot me a message. 

Brown Wooly Bugger like these?

wooly brown.jpg wooly bug.png

But with a gold rib like this?

gold rib.jpg

^not my flies

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal.He is supercivilized, and I for one do not how to deal with him"  -Aldo Leopold

#3 oneshot

oneshot

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Bow Hunting, Shed Hunting, Arrowhead Hunting, FlyFishing, Continuing my quest for a called in Mountain Lion...

Wooly worms are one of those all-fish flies, had a few white WW's for Bonefish (deeper water), you can even fish it dry and 'twitch' it to bring summer steelies to the surface...

(sorry, I dont tie any more...)

Deny everything, admit nothing, make counteraccusations

Another Glorious Day to Excel

Moons Out, Goons Out, Hydrate and do some damage

Never Submit, Never Surrender

#4 PRDATR

PRDATR

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Can anyone suggest a guide service for LF? I'd like to take my son, we don't flyfish though. Is there a preferred time of the year?

All over Az in the big red truck

#5 stanley

stanley

Premier Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Can anyone suggest a guide service for LF? I'd like to take my son, we don't flyfish though. Is there a preferred time of the year?

I've been with Lee's Ferry Anglers a few times over the years.  I try to go with Terry if possible.  Have enjoyed his company & his style (and his knowledge).

As for the preferred time, I think that is of course a matter of opinion.  Winter can be good, but cleaning ice out of your rod eyes can get old. :lol:    Summer is nice, but can be HOT!    Not matter what time of year, I've never regretted spending time there!  Spectacular place! ^_^ 

Good luck and have fun!

S.

PS:  Lee's Ferry Anglers will take spin fisherman.  They will encourage you to fly fish and show you some great techniques, but they welcome spin fishers.

Take a kid hunting!!!!!

#6 PRDATR

PRDATR

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

I have a flyrod but have only tried to use it a couple of times. Not as easy as some people make it look. I have found that when I get ice buildup on the eyes I stick the rod in the water for a few seconds and that melts it well enough to cast.

All over Az in the big red truck

#7 Non-Typical Solutions

Non-Typical Solutions

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
WampusCat here are some sizes?
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5066.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users