Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Speaking of Flies!

I posted this a couple of years ago and thought someone on here tied flies but we never got that to work out for some reason!

I am looking for a long shank brown woolly worm fly with a gold band around it.

The image below only represents the band look and in no way represents what I am looking for otherwise!

post-2034-0-32842200-1502478742.jpg

Anybody out there make or know somebody that can make a brown woolly worm with a gold band?

One of my too many hobbies. What size would want them in and how many. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Brown Wooly Bugger like these?

post-11266-0-22047000-1502481027.jpgpost-11266-0-61021000-1502481042.png

But with a gold rib like this?

post-11266-0-09085300-1502481053_thumb.jpg

^not my flies

• Like 2

Guest oneshot

Wooly worms are one of those all-fish flies, had a few white WW's for Bonefish (deeper water), you can even fish it dry and 'twitch' it to bring summer steelies to the surface...

(sorry, I dont tie any more...)

Can anyone suggest a guide service for LF? I'd like to take my son, we don't flyfish though. Is there a preferred time of the year?

Can anyone suggest a guide service for LF? I'd like to take my son, we don't flyfish though. Is there a preferred time of the year?

I've been with Lee's Ferry Anglers a few times over the years. I try to go with Terry if possible. Have enjoyed his company & his style (and his knowledge).

As for the preferred time, I think that is of course a matter of opinion. Winter can be good, but cleaning ice out of your rod eyes can get old. :lol: Summer is nice, but can be HOT! Not matter what time of year, I've never regretted spending time there! Spectacular place! ^_^

Good luck and have fun!

S.

PS: Lee's Ferry Anglers will take spin fisherman. They will encourage you to fly fish and show you some great techniques, but they welcome spin fishers.

• Like 1

I have a flyrod but have only tried to use it a couple of times. Not as easy as some people make it look. I have found that when I get ice buildup on the eyes I stick the rod in the water for a few seconds and that melts it well enough to cast.