Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Stolen custom rifle

I was meeting with one of my prostaff at Cabelas this afternoon and he wanted to show me his custom rifle he just recently finished. When he opened his truck, the rifle was gone. The thiefs broke into 3 super dutys sitting next to each other in the parking lot. One guy also lost a .357 magnum.

The Rifle is a custom .280 Ackley Improved cerakoted black with custom stock. A black diamond scope and Rem 700 action. It also has a Rifle Railz and paracord sling. If you hear of anything like it, let me know. David

post-561-0-56272500-1502603007_thumb.jpg

Agree! I hate thieves more than cancer. I hope they get their stuff back but I doubt it will happen.

Super Duty's are extremely easy to break into. I had a brand new F 250 diesel that was stolen, they found it totaled in a river bottom. The officer told me they are into them as fast as you are while using your key. Hope they catch them.

Sorry to hear this. It is sad to think that we can't keep personal property inside our vehicles without a significant risk of theft. I won't leave anything of value in my vehicle anymore after having a range finder, binos and gps stolen a couple of years ago. Thieves are on the same level as pedophiles and rapists and should be put out of their misery.

That sucks!!!! I wont even load my truck with hunting gear the night before I leave . I just leave it in my garage until the time I leave

• Like 5

I had a 2000 7.3 standard that they attempted to steal in that parking lot many years ago. Fortunately they missed a Glock under the back seat. Unfortunately the truck was stolen from my driveway almost two years ago.

I wonder if there was a reason super dutys were targeted? Maybe they knew what they were after? Isn't any vehicle easy to get I to if you really want to? That sucks to hear.

• Like 1

I went there last Saturday and I drive what I think is a nice super duty. I always like to park far away to protect it from door dings. It was real busy that day and I noticed an SUV sitting near where I was going to park. There were two people in the vehicle. I decided to park somewhere else. Those people could have been waiting for someone that was shopping as far as I know but I got the feeling they marked me so I parked somewhere else. I went inside to buy a pelican gun case. As soon as I made it through the doors, I turned around because it looked like there was about a 45 minute wait to get to the cash registers. I decided to come back on Sunday as soon as they opened. No way was I going to wait that long to pay. I know Cabelas has always been a target for theives so I try to watch out for that. I didn't have anything worth stealing but I figure car theives are always hunt there.

That sucks! Hope they find the low life and lock them up. :angry:

TJ

• Like 1