Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Stolen custom rifle

Try to retrieve the serial number and post it here and a few other places. If you don't have it, maybe the gunsmith that built it has it on record. Never underestimate the gun community. There might be people looking for a 280 ackley and will find your post when searching. That is a sort of uncommon round. By that I mean there aren't as many 280 ack's as there are 270's, 280 Remington's or WSM's. Add the custom part and the fact that it's a Remington and it narrows it down more.

Our F250 got stolen TWICE. First time was right out of the Sea World parking lot - recovered in Mexico. Second time was some water park in Ahwatukee. This time the thieves got in a long car chase in the desert with Sheriff's deputies - the truck was recovered but totaled. For some reason they took the air filter out and sucked in a ton of dirt. There are times I miss certain aspects of living in the valley, but the crime down there sure sucks.

Sure hope the rifle is recovered. I also hope they use it to perform a colonoscopy on the dirt bags who stole it.

Stinks about the rifle. I have a 2000 Super Duty and have an alarm, The Club and Revelco. I also belong to the Arizona Super Duty FB page and they get stolen at the rate of one a week.

I never ever leave a firearm in an unattended vehicle unless I am eating in a fastfood place and can watch it or getting fuel.

This is why they should have rooftop snipers on payroll to take care of this kind of scum.

Scum steal trail cameras too!

• Like 1

That's why I drive a dodge. No one wants to steal one of those.

I laughed when I read this...

I sometimes drive an old Dodge with three wheels in the grave, fourth on a banana peel. In it I look like a desperate man with nothing worth stealing.

Hope you get your rifle back.

• Like 2

They have that big camera tower up front for a while now, did they say weather or not they had anything in video?

They arrested four people the week aerlier this happened. No video since they have changed the angles of the cams. They hit sometime between 9am and 3:30. At first he thought he left the rifle in his other truck until I noticed the key hole was punched out. They have tried to steal my Duramax twice in the past. David

It would seem that employees around there that have access to the security cameras would also be able to tell thief buddies were they are safe hitting not to end up on cameras.

It would seem that employees around there that have access to the security cameras would also be able to tell thief buddies were they are safe hitting not to end up on cameras.

Depends on the camera, we have one at work that is a 360 degree camera.

I wonder with the items being stolen how many trucks back windows have....ie... Swarovski, ross outdoors,CWT, or any other sticker hinting that they spend lots of money on their toys. I have big boy toys but I do not advertise the fact on my back window. Can't fix the current situation but food for thought for those who insist on decals and stickers. What does your CWT sticker imply? I have a long distance rifle, I have very expensive optics, I have lots of bells and whistles in my truck.... This won't bring back the rifle or stop thieves from stealing but why advertise with big arrows what's in your truck. .02 from me.

• Like 5