Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Delete

I use PIA (Private Internet Access) and have been with them for a few years now. They are $40 a year but you can usually find a discount to get it down to about $30. They do a great job of blocking what I want blocked. I use it 95% of the time I am online, even when on CWT. My family's internet history is no one's business but ours. I have yet to run into issues since using them. I've been told their customer service isn't great, but I've never had to use it. I believe they will allow 5 different devices to be logged into and using your account at any given time, so I split my membership costs with a buddy and we share the account. We've never run into an issues where we needed it on more than five devices simultaneously. I doubt we have ever had more than 2-3 going simultaneously. It also comes in very handy if you are using WiFi somewhere that has firewalls or blocks. It usually allows me to get right through those.

There are some free ones out there, but they are crap and I would not trust them. PIA guarantees security and does not keep logs of usage to protect users.

So, my work has a VPN, and that's how I access our internal network so I'm familiar with the tech from a computer aspect. But when it comes to using a VPN at home with Kodi - can you give me a little info on how you set this up? I've got a Roku and want to be able to watch college football. Sounds like I can go with the Sling sports package, but I'd like to learn more about how you set up Kodi with a VPN.

What the heck are you guys looking at on the internet?!?

LOL, just privacy.

Most have no clue how many organizations and companies track everything they do online. Ever notice how after visiting a website you get lots of banner, Facebook, etc. ads for that company?

• Like 2

Donkey shows. Lots and lots of donkey shows.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm not looking for any kind of piracy or subjectively inappropriate access. Since bailing on cable, the one thing I miss is getting up on Saturday morning and having a bunch of college football or baseball games to watch.

Yeah, I'm not looking for any kind of piracy or subjectively inappropriate access. Since bailing on cable, the one thing I miss is getting up on Saturday morning and having a bunch of college football or baseball games to watch.

Sling may be your answer...lots of sports on 24/7 between all the ESPNs, PAC12, SEC and other networks.

I use vpn for work too and not sure I understand the application being discussed here. Our work vpn is so slow no way I'd want to stream anything through it.

I use PIA as well and it has been great. Even works on my Amazon Fire TV stick.

Just came across this for any who want to tighten up on their security and get a VPN. Two years of VPN through PIA for $60 which is a great deal by itself. Add promo code PIA20 at checkout for an additional 20% off to bring the price down to $48.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/private-internet-access-vpn-2-yr-subscription?aid=a-nagq2spl&utm_source=bensbargains.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=private-internet-access-vpn-2-yr-subscription_081517&utm_term=scsf-243446

• Like 1

Sling may be your answer...lots of sports on 24/7 between all the ESPNs, PAC12, SEC and other networks.

I use vpn for work too and not sure I understand the application being discussed here. Our work vpn is so slow no way I'd want to stream anything through it.

A VPN should not be affecting your speed. You might have another problem.

LOL, just privacy.

Most have no clue how many organizations and companies track everything they do online. Ever notice how after visiting a website you get lots of banner, Facebook, etc. ads for that company?

I swear sometimes things pop up that I've only thought about. Freaks me out man

• Like 4

LOL, just privacy.

Ad retargeting. Common practice in any online marketing campaign. We do that at the software company I work for. Clearing cookies or browsing in an "incognito" window in Google Chrome will prevent that. Using an ad-blocker also helps.

A VPN will slow down your speeds a little.

Definitely the VPN. Common complaint with coworkers too. I can test speed off vpn and on vpn and it's an awful difference. Our network folks say there's nothing to be done about it though.