Elkhunter1

Aug. hunt, How are you pursuing the grey ghost?

Don't feel bad bigorange I am working tomorrow and Saturday also. And next weekend I will be shooting doves with the kiddos. Kiddos come first for me...

Lookin forward to 4 x 14 hour days in a blind this weekend. The kind of work week i can really get behind

Lookin forward to 4 x 14 hour days in a blind this weekend. The kind of work week i can really get behind

nice, x2, just in a tree for me.

I'll be sitting my blind trying to stay awake.[/quothtggghhfhe]Put your blind on top of an ant hill and you will have no problem staying awake.

How do you guys pass the time while sitting in a blind? Just bought a ground blind and was wondering.

i constantly look around with eyes wide open like some sort of tweeker.

• Like 3

How do you guys pass the time while sitting in a blind? Just bought a ground blind and was wondering.

I take my tablet along and read or sometimes even watch a movie.

Headed out Sunday for my annual but kicking bow hike. Trying some new ground this year, like someone else said I hunt some but mostly I'm scouting for elk tag someday. 4 tags in my pocket keeps it interesting this time of year.

A little bummed to be solo but I have 5 days.

I spent 12 hours in a blind yesterday. Did some spot and stalking and that was a mistake. Too hot. I went through 2.5 gallons of hot water and was 100% wasted after.

The majority of my experience is in a tree stand at 8k FT. Yesterday I baked in 107 .. I'm only doing morning and evening stand in that location!going forward. Did I mention the monsoon that popped up over my head at 6pm? (Blinds atttact lightning)

The only thing I have to show for it is a 4.5 ratter with 24 buttons. Kinda cool. No deer at all- its like I put up the blind a week ago and all activity stopped. I don't think j they're used to it yet. The snakes apparently don't care 😀

If I don't see anything today I'm going back to 8k ft tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yesterday was my first time sitting a blind. I set it last Sunday the 20th and brushed it in. I sat yesterday from sun up till 10am when a small 3x3 coues buck came in and gave a perfect 30y broad side shot. He ran 70y and piled up. Brutal hike out of the canyon with the buck my blind and chair and gear.post-4310-0-17422900-1503776089_thumb.jpgpost-4310-0-85743100-1503776246_thumb.jpgpost-4310-0-40950000-1503776346_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

There were 3 buck that were hitting that tank but very inconsistent because of an other tank a ridge away. I glassed all three with 500y of my tank Thursday eventing.post-4310-0-93628200-1503785129_thumb.jpgpost-4310-0-38128700-1503785164_thumb.jpg

• Like 2