KaibabHunter

2017: What is your bull goal this year?

I have been asking myself this question since I drew. It took 7 years since my last archery tag, so I want to make it count, BUT... I like elk meat. That plus my shooting is nowhere what it was prior to a shoulder surgery 2 years ago makes me realize I should probably take the first good shot at a mature bull that presents itself. We shall see....

• Like 1

That weird bull reminds me of Al King....the prize fighter boxing organizer!

I have a late archery tag in a decent unit. I'd like to say I'm going to hold out for a decent or even just a branch antlered bull, but I will most likely take the first opportunity I get.

I got two tags this year. One in Utah on a rut hunt and another in Az. Need meat in the freezer. That feeds the wife and kids more than the antlers. And we got a few of those laying around also. Good luck to all.

Late season rifle in a non-monster unit. There's 4 of us with tags in my group, 2 who have never filled an elk tag. My main goal is to get those guys a bull. I will be perfectly happy to take one of those messed up ones out of the gene pool.

This is my first elk hunt ever, and somehow I got drawn for an early rifle bull tag by Heber, AZ... so I am going to try to get the biggest one I can!

I took 2 weeks off work so hopefully I will. I would love to hear from anyone else that might be in the area during that time!

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks,

Alex

alex.stew@yahoo.com

602-512-5715

• Like 2

No tag for me but I've been fortunate enough to be able to get out on three scouting trips for deer over in the alpine area which is pretty much unheard of in my life for the past several years. Spent some great time with my 16 yo daughter and my good hunting buddy so it's already been a great year for me. We've seen some great bulls and lots of them over there. I think you guys with eastern unit tags are in for a good year.

Good luck tag holders!

While I will likely settle for a meat bull the last two days of the hunt, the first twelve days will be dedicated to getting the most out of my unit 9 tag.

• Like 1

Meat in the freezer! Of course everybody wants to shoot a big one, but our family loves the meat too much to pass on any ethical shot opportunity.

Good luck to all of you with elk tags this fall!

• Like 1

My 15 year old son has his 1st elk tag. Late rifle 6a. He said he will shoot the first bull we see just to get his 1st bull and elk meat. Should be fun