Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Camp Showers

I'm looking for a shower solution for elk camp. I've considered the Camp Chef Triton and the Zodi Hot Shower. With the Camp Chef you need an external pump, but the Zodi includes one. Anybody use either of these or have a better idea for elk camp in September?

buy a stainless steel weed sprayer and change the hose out for a longer one. You can fill with water and heat on the stove, pump it up for pressure, then throw the hose over a limb and have a nice shower, and pump up the pressure as needed.

• Like 2

buy a stainless steel weed sprayer and change the hose out for a longer one. You can fill with water and heat on the stove, pump it up for pressure, then throw the hose over a limb and have a nice shower, and pump up the pressure as needed.

I use a similar setup to this ^^^ but is a S.S. fire extinguisher adapted with a sprayer off a kitchen sink faucet. Heat it on a gas burner then use a bicycle pump to pressurize.

Used a little zodi last year. Had to let it recirculate for about 20 min in a 5 gal bucket but once it warmed up it was way better than a two min shower in a camp trailer.

What Slim said. Works great with the right nozzle.

This is what we use. The battery operated Zodi. Runs on D batteries. Only $40 and worth its weight in gold. I have 2, one being a spare just in case. Everyone in camp is responsible for bringing their own water depending on how many showers they want to take. Normally we shower early afternoon and don't heat the water. For later hunts we heat up a galvanized bucket of water on the burner, dump it into a 5 gallon bucket and draw from that. A shower can be easily taken on 2 gallons of water.

post-10431-0-88564800-1504100017.jpg

take any ole square plastic 5 gallon water- add on-off faucet--- open truck door remove floor mat - close door lay mat on ground - place water jug on cab of truck above door frame - take shower heated water optional

second option 2 roasting pans a metal chair -you can heat water in pan/pans -- sit beside truck or find a big tree sit in chair -wash with one pan rinse with other

I know this isn't necessarily what you asked for, but I picked up one of these, primarily for my wife and daughter as a restroom/shower while camping. Anything that makes their camping experience a little more comfortable and enjoyable gets me in the woods more and for longer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-2-Room-Non-Instant-Shower-Tent/55260501?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228079657650&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=192108591480&wl4=aud-310687321802:pla-303834941958&wl5=9053836&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=55260501&wl13=&veh=sem

My brother has Mr. Heater BOSS base camp shower. Nice features but sensor can shut off unit too easily if it thinks its overheating.

I bought Zodi base camp and it is very hot but doesn't turn off/on like BOSS. I prefer Zodi as it never fails. BOSS left me scrambling wet cold and soapy trying to rest sensor in Colorado last fall.

I know this isn't necessarily what you asked for, but I picked up one of these, primarily for my wife and daughter as a restroom/shower while camping. Anything that makes their camping experience a little more comfortable and enjoyable gets me in the woods more and for longer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-2-Room-Non-Instant-Shower-Tent/55260501?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228079657650&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=192108591480&wl4=aud-310687321802:pla-303834941958&wl5=9053836&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=55260501&wl13=&veh=sem

Been looking for something like that for the family.

I have a Zodi...larger model. It fits across a double burner Coleman stove. It has copper tubing coiled inside the housing the water runs through. The pump was D-battery operated, but didn't have enough power to push an adequate flow up over 6 feet. So I use a RV pump with alligator clips to a 12v RV battery...very good pressure. It's great because you can turn off the head and the backpressure stops the pump...so you can regulate how much water you use. Only one PROBLEM. When the water stops flowing through the heater coils, pressure builds up and will blow off a hose. So now I recirculate 3 or 4 gallons in a 5 gallon bucket until it is the desired temperature, then turn off the stove. Takes about 15 minutes to heat up a few gallons. Setup time is about 10 minutes. I also use the same 12v battery to light my tent with a 12v trouble light, instead of a lantern.