Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Shot the Wrong Antelope Buck!!

Pardon my ignorance,but what is a SMK?

Sierra Match King

Hey "Zeke". Congrats on the buck! Too bad not the one you thought it was, but great to get one anyway!

Nice running into and chatting with you and your brother up there! We had a great hunt, we felt extraordinarily fortunate that Erik was able to kill the buck he did. (Thanks for posting the head pic. I'm going to post a pic or two as well, but will post in a different thread as to now high-jack this post completely... ;) )

How about that freaking rain storm? :blink: We were thinking of you guys the whole way driving out of there. Funny thing was that we were scheduled to stay in that motel in Springer, but we decided to go ahead and head back to Albuquerque to get a jump start on the long drive home. Glad you were able to find a room there to dry out and start your hunt-off on a good note on Saturday!

Congrats again on the hunt!

S.

Link to a post about my son's hunt: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/75291-first-antelope-hunt/

• Like 2

Hey "Zeke". Congrats on the buck! Too bad not the one you thought it was, but great to get one anyway!

Nice running into and chatting with you and your brother up there! We had a great hunt, we felt extraordinarily fortunate that Erik was able to kill the buck he did. (Thanks for posting the head pic. I'm going to post a pic or two as well, but will post in a different thread as to now high-jack this post completely... ;) )

How about that freaking rain storm? :blink: We were thinking of you guys the whole way driving out of there. Funny thing was that we were scheduled to stay in that motel in Springer, but we decided to go ahead and head back to Albuquerque to get a jump start on the long drive home. Glad you were able to find a room there to dry out and start your hunt-off on a good note on Saturday!

Congrats again on the hunt!

S.

Link to a post about my son's hunt: http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/75291-first-antelope-hunt/

We left camp and stayed at the Oasis Motel that night. Next morning we shot our buck then broke down the camp we never used and left by 1 pm. We gave up when water would not stop coming into the tent, it was crazy! But it was good meeting some CWT members out there and pretty awesome for your sons first Goat!

Pardon my ignorance,but what is a SMK?

Sierra Match King

Thank you,DCS

• Like 1

Brandon, Congrats on the goat man! I have always said those Match Kings work great on game.

• Like 1

Based on previous experience I judge NM Antelope hunts on whether or not you can still walk once they're over. Sounds like you did pretty good. Congrats on the goat.

• Like 1