Sign in to follow this  
Arrowsniper

Ray Evridge of Evridge knives passes away.

It is Ray Evridge of Evridge knives. He has also been associated with the Phx Varmint Callers forever. I know he wasn't doing well when they put him in the ambulance, but I haven't gotten any updates. David

Talented man, I believe one of his knives was raffled at the recent Christian Hunters raffle.

My condolences to his friends and family.

• Like 1

Shared this on Facebook already, but wanted to post a small tribute and story about Ray here as well:

The Arizona conservation community lost a great man today in Ray Evridge. This picture shows Ray teaching a wildlife identity class to a group of 6-8 year olds at Arizona Elk Society's Wapiti Weekend just over a month ago. The girl in the back (closest to the camera) in the pink tank top is my daughter Kembria.

During the class she and Ray engaged in a battle of wills. Ray held up a bottle of fox urine to show the kids and jokingly asked who would like to have some sprayed into their hand. As expected, the kids were grossed out. But Kembria, not ever willing to back down from a challenge shot her hand in the air. Ray walked over to her, I'm sure expecting her to back down. Not this little girl. They stared each other down as he sprayed the urine out into her cupped hand. While holding the liquid in her palm, he told her to take a sniff. As she raised it to her nose her reached out and hit the bottom of her hand up sending the contents (only a few drops) up into her face. Well played Ray! She won't be forgetting that any time soon.

Thank you Ray. Our children Kembria, Draysen, and Ronan, as well as the many others he mentored and taught will carry on his great legacy.

post-6408-0-95436200-1504550654_thumb.jpg

Would it be appropriate to ask the original poster to change the title to something recognizing Ray for any who might not know but will want to pay their respects?

• Like 2

I spoke to Ray in early August and, as usual, he seemed in good spirits. The passing of good ones, like Ray, should make us all appreciate being alive and able to contribute. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Ray left a good mark.

• Like 2