Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

Started off 2017 season right!!

Well I have been super lucky in the draws this year so logistics for this years season were a little tricky. I got it rolling this last weekend in Wyoming with antelope. This was a solo hunt but kind of fun in its own way. I made it down Friday mid day and spent the day scouting. I saw a few other hunters so I kept working my way further from civilization. I was sleeping in the pickup and had a full tank of gas so I had no reason to leav until I killed a buck. I honestly must have looked at 1000 bucks!! I took pictures of a ton and found a few that I thought were high 70's and one that I thought was around 80-81. I hunted a day and a half looking for something bigger and decided to go back to the best one I had found. It took a little work but I got him killed Sunday mid day. His ivory tips weren't visible in the spotter so he ended up being longer then I expected (15 1/2"). He has awesome prongs that are just a tiny touch shy of 7". He ended up grossing 83". I'm extremely excited about the hunt and the best thing is I have a pile of awesome hunts lined up for the rest of the fall. Next stop is Utah elk. Then on to Montana for Shiras moose then to NM for another antelope! Rounding it all off with antelope in MT and whitetail in my home state!!! Love this time of year!!!

post-2932-0-60805500-1505224937_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-50316800-1505224957_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-79701500-1505224974_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-26349100-1505225013_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-45331200-1505224993_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-40952500-1505225031_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Congrats on a great buck and good luck on the rest of your upcoming hunts!

Congrats! That's a lot of hunting....are you retired?

• Like 1

That 1st lope I would have shot before anything else that has some pretty cool character to it, the second one is extreamly wide another shooter. i like non typicals

one you got is nice congrats.

if you dont mind can you pm me how where and cost(trespass fees?) you hunted in WY for lopes . Daughter wants a lope really bad more than anything else. maybe next year I will put in.

I bought my 3rd pref point for WY this year. Hoping to hunt up there in a couple years.

That 1st lope I would have shot before anything else that has some pretty cool character to it, the second one is extreamly wide another shooter. i like non typicals

one you got is nice congrats.

if you dont mind can you pm me how where and cost(trespass fees?) you hunted in WY for lopes . Daughter wants a lope really bad more than anything else. maybe next year I will put in.

You could kill a buck like the ones in the first pics in any unit in the state. Those are probably 60-65" antelope at best and are available everywhere. Just find a unit with some public land and go hunting. You can still buy a preference point for this year so be sure to do that as you'll be opened up to a lot more units you could draw with one point. The unit I hunted was one of the premier units in the state and takes a bunch of points to draw. The main reason you'd wait for that is to get a high scoring buck. It's still nowhere even close to the quality of AZ as I truly did look over atleast 1000 bucks to find that one. If you glassed 20 bucks in AZ before season you'd find one bigger then the one I killed. The cool thing about Wyoming antelope is there's a million of them so if you just wanna shoot one then pic a unit with a bunch of public (or private access for a fee if you are capable) and go. You literally can't mess it up and you will kill your bucks.

• Like 1