Sign in to follow this  
Buckwheat893

Side by side muley

Hit a new area this morning and it paid off, Found some water right off the bat and figured the spot would be worth checking out. Side by side sets are hard to come by in the desert! Found more snakes in total than sheds but I'll take it. Initially I thought it was only the one shed, but if you look close you can see both in the first pic. post-15566-0-56127600-1505240357_thumb.jpgpost-15566-0-55031500-1505240044_thumb.jpgpost-15566-0-42358500-1505240514_thumb.jpgpost-15566-0-50152600-1505240560_thumb.jpgpost-15566-0-78921100-1505240580_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

dont like seeing snake pics before an elk hunt on a warm weekend even if they are in the desert.

really cool find on the pair.

Don't kill snakes. It is illegal and irresponsible for a lot of reasons. Hunters should know better, practice conservation not redneck sh*t.

• Like 1

Don't kill snakes. It is illegal and irresponsible for a lot of reasons. Hunters should know better, practice conservation not redneck sh*t.

Lol, need a dog to kick?

• Like 2

Lol, need a dog to kick?

• Like 1

This is mostly incorrect. There are some protected species, but you should read the reptile and amphibian regulations. Only 3 species of rattlesnake are protected - rock rattlesnake, twin-spotted rattlesnake, and ridge-nosed rattlesnake. The rest are perfectly legal, with a limit of 4 per year per species. I don't ordinarily kill rattlers, but I do make an occasional exception. Taking your legal limit of rattlesnakes a year is no more irresponsible, or "redneck", than killing your legal limit of deer.

Hit a new area this morning...

Anyway, back to the OP, that country looks exactly like where I was hunting mule deer Friday through Tuesday. I found a matched set of sheds too.

38254120891_b227b47f54.jpg

37543636004_4f55288b4b.jpg

And I found a snake! This was the second diamondback over 5 ft I have run across out in that stuff. Boy, snakes that big sure get your adrenaline pumping!

Hit a new area this morning...

Anyway, back to the OP, that country looks exactly like where I was hunting mule deer Friday through Tuesday. I found a matched set of sheds too.

38254120891_b227b47f54.jpg

37543636004_4f55288b4b.jpg

And I found a snake! This was the second diamondback over 5 ft I have run across out in that stuff. Boy, snakes that big sure get your adrenaline pumping!

Wow that set does look really similar to the ones I found! Looks like those are off a more mature buck, I like the junk on the bases. And yes the rattlesnakes are still out and about, Im just glad theyre not out as much as they were the last couple months. I dont ever remember seeing as many snakes as I did this summer