Beaton

What do you guys think?

Right on !! Glad Mike kept on keeping on ! So good to hear that his perseverance paid off , congratulations to Mike for making it happen .

Glad to hear that the other hunters did the right thing ---How can I help you ! Good deal .

Y'al got some bad o-rings, take your Scottsdale asses home and play with your Rocky Mountain oysters and leave the hunting to the ready men. Opportunities are made! Make it happen or stay home! I'm ashamed that you call yourselfs hunters and act such a fool.

aw, it hurls insults into the ether...how manly...

quien es mas macho, Desertwhitetail or Pat?

Y'al got some bad o-rings, take your Scottsdale asses home and play with your Rocky Mountain oysters and leave the hunting to the ready men. Opportunities are made! Make it happen or stay home! I'm ashamed that you call yourselfs hunters and act such a fool.

aw, it hurls insults into the ether...how manly...

quien es mas macho, Desertwhitetail or Pat?

Well, apparently tagging wounded bulls applies to "opportunities made". Sorry to break the bad news but pulling a shady move on a big bull is one thing, doing it on a raghorn is a whole new story. Sounds like the original guy made out better in the long run.

Well sounds like ruthunter, desert buck, and desertwhitetail might all be using same keyboard. L.O.L.

Hey look this is my 1st post also desert buck and desertwhitetail.

Darn shame that 2 guys or wait I forgot story changed to 3 guys correct? Suddenly pat & Kevin had themselves a driver once New member desert buck chimed in and says he glassed the whole thing. Of course he said elk just happened to walk toward them when ruthunter who wasn't there says bull was called in because Kevin "said so".

Guys when lying to hide your stupid unethical behavior you should all sit and talk about your story 1st.

Ruthunter you should be ashamed of yourself for sticking up for 2 guys you know are unethical and we're probably a case of beer into their day already when this happened. This might make people start questioning some of your harvests.

Congrats Mike on your 2nd bull of the season it was nice hearing someone did what was right and ethical this time.

• Like 7

Before you guys start saying this man "stole" this bull I was behind glass watching the bull as they shot it and from what I saw was there was a bull bedded down with my two buddy's walking up on the bull they got on the bull still bedded he was spoked but didn't know where the my buddy's were so ended up stopping and looking around after trotting off around 50 yards and at this time they could get back on the bull then after making a awesome shot through the front shoulder the bull ran down the hill and bedded back down after waiting for the time being the bull stood back up then my buddy put another awesome shot on the bull and ended up dying on the spot and from the picture showing were there's an arrow in the base of the antlers you can look closely the fletching are still in the elks chest the arrow just happen to be laying across the antlers and after a few minutes I went to grab the buggy and these two men walked up started saying that the bull was there's and showed us an arrow that had blood and smelt of a gut shot and the way I look at it is if the bull was on all four legs and my buddy shot that Bull and killed it it's fair game and is his so the bullshit you guys are spreading needs to stop you obviously wasn't there so you can't say anything. By the way that man that was with my buddy who shot the bull was not a guide or anything close to one he was just a good friend who we invited to go up on our hunt with us.

It is really hard to read posts from someone that has absolutely zero grasp of the English language.

• Like 5

Glad to hear a Happy Ending to this story. Someone once said that war brings out both the worst in the best in people. It would appear that hunting does as well.

• Like 2

Congrats to the original hunter! Glad you got to shoot 2 bulls!

This situation went amazingly well. To get a 2 fer on the deal was awesome. Everytime you decide to draw your bow and Let r fly the adrenaline is the same. Losing one mediocre bull at best to get to draw again for the same needle of adrenaline legally on the second bull was indeed a sweet deal and a bonified 2 fer. 2 legal shots of adrenaline on one tag. Does not get any better. I can only wish this whole situation happened to me every year I have an elk tag. Couldn't have gone any better. Hope fully the second bull was a trade up but it's all good if it wasn't. I would be calling the dudes that kept the first bull and thanking them for the ride!!!!

This situation went amazingly well. To get a 2 fer on the deal was awesome. Everytime you decide to draw your bow and Let r fly the adrenaline is the same. Losing one mediocre bull at best to get to draw again for the same needle of adrenaline legally on the second bull was indeed a sweet deal and a bonified 2 fer. 2 legal shots of adrenaline on one tag. Does not get any better. I can only wish this whole situation happened to me every year I have an elk tag. Couldn't have gone any better. Hope fully the second bull was a trade up but it's all good if it wasn't. I would be calling the dudes that kept the first bull and thanking them for the ride!!!!

So do you really believe what you just said?

You think that the anger, disgust, disappointment and then stressing to score #2 is really what he wanted to do? If he let his arrow fly on #1 that means he was good with #1. Let's not try and make what these scumballs did ok in any way. They are dirtbags that steal another man's trophy-his prize-his freezer full of meat. And the few guys on here that tried to defend the 2 scumballs actions and lie for them are clearly JUST AS BAD AND UNETHICAL. I will steer clear of any of these So called hunters and make sure they none of their friends receive any of my $$$ in the future. May it be electrical work, welding, taxidermy, archery shop business etc. Unethical in the field tends to flow over into personal and business life also it's just sort of a disease their kind have. These guys have flat out lied and then tried to say the original shooter was bad shot. L.O.L. they truly are classy! All that for some steaks and bragging rights of a bull they did not earn while driving around the woods sucking down beers.

• Like 1

I just think getting your panties all bunched up over something that happens like this in the field is a waste of time. I've been involved in situations like this several times in the field, and somehow it turns out ok.I lost a 240 non typical in the kaibab this exact way, and i ended up shooting a 222 buck an hour later. Its all good is the saying in my mind. And yes, if i had a tag and i shot a small to medium bull and someone else did what happened here i would be glad it was happening and joyous that i got to keep hunting. More time in the field equals more fun for me. Seems like everything turned out for the best in this situation, both for the guys that kept the first bull and the guy that lost the first bull.

I had a 3c tag 20 years ago and had a bull come by me fast one morning. I couldnt tell he had been hit with a bow already as it was on the other side. He looked just fine, and my arrow buried deep in the sweet spot. I went back to the truck and was waiting awhile to go look for the bull when a guy was walking down the road hanging his head low. He expalined he just hit a bull himself, and i told him i just did also. We walked into where i had shot last and both walked up to the bull. My shot was better than his but i offered him the bull seeing his arrow was also in the elk. He took my offer and i went on hunting with the "it's all good attitude". Everything tends to work out "if you dont let your panties get all bunched up over it" , just as it worked out in this situation. Am i missing something here? I guess after several experiences like this and it always seems to work out i've learned not to sweat the small stuff. Let a guy that wants to do what the hunter that took the bull in this story did, and unbunch your panties and move on. Simple concept.

• Like 1