Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

Anybody ever try this?

great idea !

i have walked from presumido to dead mans and back and i have ventured into the coyotes but there is a lot in between i would like to see including "the lions kitchen ". i doubt you could go all the way without seeing something worthy of a tag .

i would like to go but i would probaly want to take a rifle and this year my tag is for 35a .

I tentatively set the dates as 1/4-1/7. I have eight deer points and feel I am getting close to a strip archery tag, so it will take an epic buck for me to put a stalk on. This will be as much as a trip of exploration as it will be a hunting trip for me.

Sounds like an awesome adventure! Love those mountains!

I'm going to sleep-out at the base of that range this Friday night to get a early dark-thirty start on a day hike of glassing/scouting. Prepping for next month's hunt. ;) That is some STEEP country!!

S.

great idea !

i have walked from presumido to dead mans and back and i have ventured into the coyotes but there is a lot in between i would like to see including "the lions kitchen ". i doubt you could go all the way without seeing something worthy of a tag .

i would like to go but i would probaly want to take a rifle and this year my tag is for 35a .

I tentatively set the dates as 1/4-1/7. I have eight deer points and feel I am getting close to a strip archery tag, so it will be take an epic buck for me to put a stalk on. This will be as much as a trip of exploration as it will be a hunting trip for me.

That seems to be all of my trips as I'm figuring out this state! Sounds awesome!

I'll be at the base chasing deer and javelina with my bow. Make sure to bring a lion tag with you, I've seen tons of sign the last two January's I've been down there.

Biggest coues deer I've ever seen was from an illegal trail right on the rez boundary. Looked like he had a cholla cactus on his head.

Biggest coues deer I've ever seen was from an illegal trail right on the rez boundary. Looked like he had a cholla cactus on his head.

Back in the late 80's a buddy and I were hunting Javelina in 32 off Cowboy Miller Rd and we kicked up a group of Mule Deer. One had a broken front leg and also had a bunch of cholla stuck to its head.