• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kilimanjaro

Kilimanjaro

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
So I've wanted to plan a red stag and water buffalo hunt in Argentina for several years now but just never had the time. It now looks like it'll be a stag only trip down there when I finally make it!!
Big Argentine water buff bull down this morning for me. The only difference was I took this bull much closer to home than the requisite 5000 mile trip south. I took this big boy on a friend's 7000 acre ranch in the Tex hill country. Not only did I end up with a great bull, but it also put 625lb of boned out fantastic meat in my freezers and the freezers of my friends and family.
The 375H&H made short work of him with a frontal brain shot with a 300gr Sledgehammer solid. I was amazed at just how big this variety of water buffalo is! Certainly larger than any Aussie water buffalo or Cape buffalo I've taken. He'll look great on the big boy wall.

Great way to kick off the 2017 hunting season with Spain and Russia in 2 short weeks!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6196.JPG
  • IMG_6195.JPG
  • IMG_6209.JPG
  • E24C3DAB-2DA6-41A4-A59D-7C58EB2635C4.jpg
  • FullSizeRender.jpg

#2 lancetkenyon

lancetkenyon

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, photography, family.
Those quarters are HUGE! Awesome bull. Great start to the season. Nice collection you have going there.

#3 MULEPACKHUNTER

MULEPACKHUNTER

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, fitness, gunsmithing, reloading, custom rod building, fly fishing, archery hunting, packing mules and horses.
No prob, Kifaru amr 2 and toss the quarter in with some trim meat on top and head on out to the truck !!!!! Cool opportunity.
"My opinions and comments are just that mine and are not to be taken too seriously"
Mike

#4 HyNoon

HyNoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts
Mulepackhunter.... your legs will look like those quarters after you are done doing that..

Awesome animals! Congrats

#5 muledeerarea33?

muledeerarea33?

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts
Awesome! Livin the dream bud.

#6 More D

More D

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Interests:Showing my children the wonders of Hunting, shooting, camping, hiking......
Your hunts are out of my dreams brother.......

Si Vis Pacum, Para Bellum.

#7 catfish campbell

catfish campbell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Alaska, AZ and Texas Hunting and Fishing...of course

Nice job...which ranch in texas if you don't mind me asking?....

"Goddamn, you play a mean banjo. I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users