rossislider

A Few Fresh Bull Euros From My Son

He guys, my son asked me to share a few picture from the bulls he recently completed. Also, after a long talk this weekend, we came to an agreement and he asked me to share the following:

I want to thank everyone for their business and trust in me. You have sent me as many bulls the past couple of weeks as I can handle. The hard thing about big bulls is they demand immediate attention since I can't fit anything much bigger than a rag horn in my freezer, and they start to go bad quick if not kept cold. I'll be out helping on an elk hunt next weekend with my dad, and on my own deer hunt to following weekend. Since school, homework, baseball practice, Boy Scouts, etc. largely limit me to working on skulls on weekends, and since bulls take such a large block of time and attention, I unfortunately can't handle any more bulls for a couple of weeks. I am so sorry, but I have lots of taxidermist friends throughout the state that I am happy to refer you to.

Please don't hesitate to send me anything deer size, cow elk size, or smaller, they will fit in my freezer no problem.

Thanks everyone and good luck out there!

As much as he would love to keep working on every bull you could possibly send him, we have had to set a few few ground rules to limit his skull cleaning on weeknights so his homework/grades to get neglected and so that he still has some fun kid time. It is a hard lesson in priorities for a kid making very good money for someone his age. He has had to turn down 6 bulls in the past few days

Thanks for your understanding guys.

post-6408-0-19423500-1506451210_thumb.jpgpost-6408-0-52414700-1506451200_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Kid needs some employees.....lol

Why would he pay someone when he get free labor from dad??? We should really have "parent labor laws".

I meant to put "employees" in quotation marks...lol

• Like 2

#1 rule - NO MAGGETS cost just doubled

I hated getting racks to mount that had maggots on an unskinned head.

your son does a great job !

#1 rule - NO MAGGETS cost just doubled

I hated getting racks to mount that had maggots on an unskinned head.

your son does a great job !

LOL, yeah, unfortunately he has had a fare share of maggots. We just do what we can and try to get rid of the nasty smelly bits as quick as we can before the neighbors get a whiff and complain. When they arrive at the door that way, we know they need to be in the pot within the hour. There have been several discussion between us about applying a "hazmat" fee when they arrive extremely "ripe". We are really trying to minimize the late weeknights that this causes. The two bigger bulls above weren't terrible yet, but were on their way south and had plenty of maggots already when they showed up around 5:30 one evening. By the time they were simmered and the meat was cleaned off enough to where we could call in a night, it was close to midnight.

post-6408-0-84441500-1506527680_thumb.jpg

Two deer hunts and a late bull tag coming up. I promise I wont bring any maggots or unskinned heads. You should absolutely charge a big fee for unskinned and/or rotten heads.

I told your son I would pay him a dollar if he bit off a chunk of that meat and chewed it for 30 seconds. He declined.

• Like 2

Your son does great looking work. Could you pm me a price list. We have two cow hunts deer hunt and a bull hunt in Dec coming up.

The kid does great work! I highly recommend him!

You and me both. Great work and a pleasure to deal with.