I went out Fri am west of Cat city. The area was crawling with dirt lice. They have destroyed the roads for a regular pickup. No Quail.

Going to get out in the morning going to try and limit out with out a dog lol

Thanks it is a far drive I would love to hunt with a dog all the time but I enjoy doing it all on my knowledge of the birds

Are there any quail within an hour or so of Flagstaff?

So did anyone else get out last weekend? Turkey and squirrel opening weekend coinciding with the quail opener forces you to pick a side between the three species. :D Between the three, I always side with chasing Gambels for opening weekend!! ^_^

Went out to my old favorite stomping grounds on Friday & Sunday this past weekend. Plenty of birds. Likely could have had limits had it not been for my poor shooting and knocking-off a bit early each day. Overall, I would rate the Gambels population this year as pretty darn good (at least in my favorite areas). Man, as a side note, those ridges lining the sand washes get a little steeper each year, don't they?

I know azbirdhunter88 got out and did well! How did everyone else do??

S.

I'm going on the 20th to my Tonto Basin spot. You see any snakes out Stanley?

No snakes where we were hunting. I was actually a bit surprised given the weather. Seemed like perfect snake temps in the mid-late morning. We'll often see them crossing the washes & roads where we hunt, but none this time.

Hey AZ Bird Hunter - i don't know if i am a week late on this, but I'd like to take you up on the trip out with dogs this weekend. I'm local to Phoenix, and have my own hunting mutt. But hes a mutt, and I'd love to see an experienced dog to hunt behind. I have a couple of productive spots, and the coveys I have GPS'd are around the 50's.

We hit the opener on Saturday, and despite my dismal shooting (almost 40 shells) we ended up with 17 - between (2) guys.

My name's Colin and my cell is (520) 429-7549, shoot me a text if you are heading out.

post-15756-0-66671800-1507767556_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I went out last Tuesday and wind was blowing like a mad dog!!! NO quail and I know there are at least 4 coveys in this area, and every time I go out and shoot they are everywhere! Dang wind but I found a little 3 point shed

I passed on the weekend. Still a litter hotter than I would like with a Dog. Looks like better temps coming. Good to hear the birds are plentiful. Is this all Central AZ or has anyone been south in Tucson area? I'll probably get out this Sat or Sun. Prickly pear fruit harvest, quail, maybe even some deer as well. Lot's going on.