Sign in to follow this  
huntin4...

30A First Bear

My 14 year old son, Cameron, has been wanting to go bear hunting. He was dailed in with his bow, but we couldn't make it happen during the archery season. So first thing opening day for rifle we were at it again. We found this bear first thing in the morning. It was actually the second bear we had seen. We were able to get 180 yards from him. He was feeding and bedding on the edge of a rock slide. Cameron finally got a shot at 210 yards. The bear dropped and rolled down the hill about 75 yards and got hung up in a tree. When we got to it Cameron said he didn't look very big. I told him to pull him out of the tree, he was bigger then he thought. It took some effort to get him to the only flat spot on a rock. We were both excited. He shot the bear about 9 and we were back at the truck about 2:30. It was a long and heavy pack out. Great time.post-3647-0-30072300-1507652273_thumb.jpg

Cameron with his bear.

post-3647-0-32584800-1507653062_thumb.jpg

This is back at the road. I had to go get the truck. Cameron laid out the meat. He also had his bow with him in case he had the opportunity to take a bear with his bow.

post-3647-0-95347600-1507653344_thumb.jpgpost-3647-0-74115900-1507653465_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

congrats! Cool area and nice bear!

Awesome looking bear!!! Great shooting young man with the 243. And congrats on a job well done DAD for getting him out there in the outdoors.

Nothing like getting your first bear rug!