Sign in to follow this  
Muley73

Unit 23 NM Excluding Burros

My son and I drew Unit 23 in NM with year. We have hunted unit 27 in the past but the last couple trips have just been too sketchy with drug runners. Just curious what the horn growth and numbers are looking like on 23 this year. We aren't afraid to lay down the boot leather and spend hrs glassing. Thanks for any input and good look to all those hitting the hills!

I have never hunted 22 or 23 but seen some nice bucks come out. Good luck and post your pictures.

I was elk hunting the unit up north. Only saw coues does but the mulies I saw were impressive. There was feed and water everywhere. Should be a good year as I am looking forward to going back in January.

post-8302-0-44302600-1511722680_thumb.jpgpost-8302-0-48587300-1511723073_thumb.jpgpost-8302-0-86163500-1511723116_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input. Not a giant but a fun hunt with my son and my second coues buck. I'm definitely addicted to these little deer!

• Like 3

The base is actually just one I stole from my dad for the pics. Need to build one for my desk at work. I did find a nice little pocket of deer that we hunted. It was tough country and we hiked 38.4 miles over 4 days. Mostly in the dark, getting to our glassing point and coming out in the dark at night. A great adventure with my son, he pushes me pretty hard! Lol

• Like 2