• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 azbow

azbow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Thinking about taking my 7 yr old grandson fishing next week but have never been there. How long is the walk in to Chevlon? Any ideas on what works to catch fish?

#2 oz31p

oz31p

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
Any small bass type repalas or inline spinners. Assuming your using spinning gear. I took a 9y and 5y on a 3 day trip to the access point from south west its steep but it’s not than long and a well established trail

"Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skinned?"

Genesis 27:3   Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

#3 azbow

azbow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Thankyou. Also thinking about Bear Canyon or Knoll

#4 wildwoody

wildwoody

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts
  • Interests:hunting , fishing, outdoor sports, and helping others

I would go with bear with a youngster it is a 1/2-3/4 walk down hill, unless 

you have small guad  that will get under the gate.

#5 oz31p

oz31p

Premier Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
Don’t let the hike hike scare off. We were there Labor Day weekend and never saw a soul. Fishing wise bear or knoll is probably easier but not necessarily better.

"Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skinned?"

Genesis 27:3   Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

#6 Siwash

Siwash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Archery, Hunting, Fishing
In my experience this time of year the southern access point can be crowded at the campground...lots of folks hoping for browns in the spawn. The hike down isn't bad. Fish the west canyon walls at sundown where the lake turns to creek. Bring good headlamps and mark the trail if you fish after dark...it can be tough to find. For the last 3-4 miles the road in can be bad with mud (but I think its been dry for a while up there), one year it took 5 bucks in quarters to get my truck clean at the DIY carwash after a trip. If you have access to a lightweight inflatable raft or float tube it can open up a lot more water...just dont try to portage a heavy canoe...you may regret it on the hike out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users