Sign in to follow this  
brian390

12A AND 12B

Did anyone else get any bucks on the kaibab or 12b this year? I've seen a couple on here but theres got to be some more pics out there. I hear that the bucks are up there, but it seems quiet on here.

I came back from 12AW Friday. My 79 year old dad just couldn't take it anymore. We passed up a few small bucks early, that was a mistake. Unfortunately, we were first timers up there and learned too late that the deer had gone lower early. All the old timers said it was a really weird year, just not normal. It hadn't rained for like a month and a half and a lot of the tanks were dry. Talked to the Game and Fish guys at the check station halfway through the hunt and there had only been 6 big bucks killed by then. Most people were gone by then, just the hardcore hunters left for the rest of the hunt. One guy told me Mossback had killed a big buck sitting water in Sowats.

I found a tank opening afternoon and we killed all 3 deer off of it. Yes I agree it was not normal. We wanted bigger ones but if you found water far enough away from a road it was really good

• Like 1

I found a tank opening afternoon and we killed all 3 deer off of it. Yes I agree it was not normal. We wanted bigger ones but if you found water far enough away from a road it was really good

My dad found a tank that jad a gut pile near it, then the next day it had another, mightve been you. Shouldve told you where we were camped. Im on my way back now, went 6 for 6 in our camp. With one giant and 2 really good bucks, the rest were meat bucks.

• Like 1

My dad found a tank that jad a gut pile near it, then the next day it had another, mightve been you. Shouldve told you where we were camped. Im on my way back now, went 6 for 6 in our camp. With one giant and 2 really good bucks, the rest were meat bucks.

You can't go 6 for 6 without posting pics. Congrats, you guys did well.