Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

My brother's first buck

My brother finally got his first buck and it was max an hour after sun up opening day in my favorite unit. Long story short my brother has had a lot of bad luck while hunting. Took a bad fall the 2nd day of his last deer hunt, my dad put him in for a 7e late bull elk hunt on accident instead of 6a and he got drawn. The list goes on and on but he hasn't harvested an animal in about 12 years.
He almost didn't want to go on this hunt. He was a the Las Vegas route 91 concert. Some of the stuff he saw messed him up a bit but 2 weeks before he said he was good to go. I was jacked i had found a bunch of bucks during the otc deer hunt and just couldn't seal the deal.
Opening morning we are glassing one of my favorite spots when I see a few deer within 300 yards of us. At first it was just two does then a button buck and then it just seemed like the whole hill was moving with deer. I tell me dad and brother to head at them while I stay up high and keep eyes on them. They both take off and within minutes i notice they are heading way right. I do a mad dash with my tri pod in hand to make my way to them when I get stuck out in the middle with a buck looking right at me about 200 yards. I set the tripod down and get eyes on him, at the same time my brother i sware puts his gun up on his shoulder to look at what he thinks is a deer and it's the same buck i am staring at. In a matter of seconds he lays the hammer down on his first buck. I watch the deer crumble in my binos. He was on cloud 9 for the rest of the weekend.
He needed some much needed time in God's country.

post-8664-0-10423500-1510337003_thumb.jpg

post-8664-0-38103200-1510337072_thumb.jpg

post-8664-0-77333600-1510337095_thumb.jpg

post-8664-0-77189400-1510337137_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Hunting with brothers is special. Glad to hear he decided he was ready and it definitely paid off. Real nice buck. Congrats to you both!

• Like 1

Congrats

• Like 1