Sign in to follow this  
HaYen

I have to vent

When you measure the 1/4 of a mile do you start at the place where the shot was fired or where the bullet landed?

Not to mention there's no hunting allowed in alpine valley...

Hunting is legal on public lands within the Alpine valley provided the 1/4 mile rule is met.

Is it ok to use a bow during an elk general hunt?

yes but what kind of try hard would do such a thing
One who wanted to hunt close to houses.
You can't hunt any closer to houses with a bow than you can with a gun legally can you?
Yes you can. Its illegal to discharge a firearm within 1/4 mile of an occupied building. No different than an air rifle. Perfectly legal. On a side note there a few areas that have specific regs that say no hunting w/i 1/4 mi of an occupied building. 26m,11m, and Prescott area come to mind.

I was told by G&F launching an arrow has the same restrictions as firing a gun as far as distance from an occupied building. Now I could have argued but ... ever see the news where some individual is arguing with a law enforcement officer and they win? :-D

I will respect the distance.

No but they win in court. If theres no restrictions on hunting within 1/4 mi Id take it to court any day.

Hunting is legal on public lands within the Alpine valley provided the 1/4 mile rule is met.

No it is not,

Portions of Units 1 and 27 are closed to elk hunting during firearms seasons. Hunting is not permitted in the Alpine Valley in
the following
areas of Units 1 and 27: all lands in Section 12, Township 5 North, Range 30 East; all lands , other than USFS lands, in Sectio
ns 1, 2, 3,
10, 11, 13, and 14, Township 5 North, Range 30 East; and all lands, other than USFS lands, in Sections 7, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 2

Township 5 North, Range 31 East

Is it ok to use a bow during an elk general hunt?

yes but what kind of try hard would do such a thing
One who wanted to hunt close to houses.
You can't hunt any closer to houses with a bow than you can with a gun legally can you?

Yes you can. Its illegal to discharge a firearm within 1/4 mile of an occupied building. No different than an air rifle. Perfectly legal. On a side note there a few areas that have specific regs that say no hunting w/i 1/4 mi of an occupied building. 26m,11m, and Prescott area come to mind.

I think its a city law whether or not you can shoot the bow in town but youd still be breaking AZGFD law hunting within a quarter mile of an occupied structure.

Sure sounds to me like what we really need is a commission meeting, a public comment period, then some more rules and restrictions put into place. That should solve it.

No it is not,

Portions of Units 1 and 27 are closed to elk hunting during firearms seasons. Hunting is not permitted in the Alpine Valley in
the following
areas of Units 1 and 27: all lands in Section 12, Township 5 North, Range 30 East; all lands , other than USFS lands, in Sectio
ns 1, 2, 3,
10, 11, 13, and 14, Township 5 North, Range 30 East; and all lands, other than USFS lands, in Sections 7, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 2

Township 5 North, Range 31 East

Forest Service Land is open to hunting within the Alpine valley. The valley contains a substantial amount of USFS land.

Sure sounds to me like what we really need is a commission meeting, a public comment period, then some more rules and restrictions put into place. That should solve it.

More rules and restrictions? No way

Sorry man, we have no choice. Everybody knows that when a person does something that is already illegal, the only way to make sure it never ever happens again is to pass more laws (which are to be referred to as 'common sense measures') there by making the previously mentioned, already illegal action, now extra-illegal. And if that doesn't work, you need more laws to make it super-duper-extra-illegal. It's for the children!

• Like 2

Sorry man, we have no choice. Everybody knows that when a person does something that is already illegal, the only way to make sure it never ever happens again is to pass more laws (which are to be referred to as 'common sense measures') there by making the previously mentioned, already illegal action, now extra-illegal. And if that doesn't work, you need more laws to make it super-duper-extra-illegal. It's for the children!

You scored twice for me today. Wife wanted to know what exactly had me laughing out loud at the internets.

• Like 1

Just saying its already illegal what they are doing, why cant they enforce the law?

Sorry man I cant figure out if your serious or just being sarcastic. Dane internet it tough to read

• Like 1

You scored twice for me today. Wife wanted to know what exactly had me laughing out loud at the internets.

It's Saturday and I'm working all day... gotta do something to entertain myself. ;)